• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake opens +9.5 at home vs. State

I agree. People will overrate State on here all week. I don't know if we'll win or not, but State is not good either. Probably better than us, but not good.

I agree. People will overrate State on here all week. I don't know if we'll win or not, but State is not good either. Probably better than us, but not good.

Their defensive line is pretty good. They got after Boyd when they played Clemson. Just imagine what they'll do to Wake's offensive line and a mostly immobile Tanner Price.

Their defensive line is pretty good. They got after Boyd when they played Clemson. Just imagine what they'll do to Wake's offensive line and a mostly immobile Tanner Price.

Their defensive line is real good and the mismatch with our offensive line is enough for State to win Saturday I'm afraid.

State is 3-1 and has played a schedule 60 spots easier than our schedule. We've both played Clemson, and then State has played three teams who are worse than Wake. I have no idea who will win this game, but even after this week State will have played four sub-100 teams and Clemson. They did play Clemson substantially closer than we did though.

I guess my point was going to be that State hasn't played an average team yet but then I reached the sad conclusion that we're not anywhere close to average so maybe State will pound us. We're a little bit better than Richmond though and State needed a late long field goal to beat them at home. At least there's hope.

State is 3-1 and has played a schedule 60 spots easier than our schedule. We've both played Clemson, and then State has played three teams who are worse than Wake. I have no idea who will win this game, but even after this week State will have played four sub-100 teams and Clemson. They did play Clemson substantially closer than we did though.

Really, you sure La. Tech and Central Michigan are worse than us???? What do you base that on? You really sure La. Tech and Central Michigan are worse than ULM, you know ULM that lost 70-7 to Baylor and 31-14 to Tulane. I'm all for optimism, but that statement doesn't even make sense.

Central Michigan and Louisiana Tech are both absolutely horrible. There is no question in my mind that those teams are worse than Wake. Richmond is the second best team State has played. Even if Sagarin isn't perfectly connected yet, we would be around two touchdown home favorites over both of them.

Central Michigan and Louisiana Tech are both absolutely horrible. There is no question in my mind that those teams are worse than Wake. Richmond is the second best team State has played. Even if Sagarin isn't perfectly connected yet, we would be around two touchdown home favorites over both of them.

Even if you're right, congratulations to us on being the tallest midget...:rolleyes:

Look I don't mean to pick on you, I'm just really disgusted with the situation.

No I understand, I was just pointing out that State playing Wake on the road is their second toughest game of the year so far and I have no idea what's going to happen. State probably wins by a touchdown or so, but it wouldn't be surprising if Wake won.

No I understand, I was just pointing out that State playing Wake on the road is their second toughest game of the year so far and I have no idea what's going to happen. State probably wins by a touchdown or so, but it wouldn't be surprising if Wake won.

I really hope we do and I can praise you for your optimism Saturday evening.

Having watched both, I think State is significantly better than Wake. Wake COULD be competitive with State if the coaching staff does the things necessary to mitigate State's advantages up front, but they haven't done that with any opponent this year, so I don't know why to expect that now.

I guess my point was going to be that State hasn't played an average team yet but then I reached the sad conclusion that we're not anywhere close to average so maybe State will pound us. We're a little bit better than Richmond though and State needed a late long field goal to beat them at home. At least there's hope.
Not to exactly twist the knife but one of these is not like the other:
26-14
56-7

Note: I'm not saying we're Alabama jr by any means, but we're a little bit better than what you're giving us credit for.

Not to exactly twist the knife but one of these is not like the other:
26-14
56-7

Note: I'm not saying we're Alabama jr by any means, but we're a little bit better than what you're giving us credit for.

No, you guys suck. We're just worse. You guys will end the streak in Winston-Salem in convincing fashion...but you still suck.

I think it's somewhere between Turd's comment and Seawolf's. I think State can sneak into a bowl this year, but it will be primarily based on one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen.

I think State will cover that line easily. We have a common opponent in Clemson. State lost by 12, and we lost by 49. State's not good, but we really blow. I'm booking State, and I've put some money where my mouth is.

State is better and should win easily, but this is the one remaining game where I could see WF playing above themselves and pulling the upset. Traditional rival, home game, State plays inconsistent, etc.

But no question State is the superior team and program.

State is better and should win easily, but this is the one remaining game where I could see WF playing above themselves and pulling the upset. Traditional rival, home game, State plays inconsistent, etc.

But no question State is the superior team and program.

Yes, if our staff really gets our team up for this game and comes up with a great game plan offensively I think we've got a real shot, which basically means we've got no shot.

its certainly hard to have faith in wakes team but i still think they will have some moments of brilliance. I can't believe how long i watched the clemson game.

Back