• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/Pitt

If WF beats VT on the tourney's opening night, WF will play the #6 seed at 9:30 pm next Wednesday. The #6 seed will be the team that is seeded the highest amongst Pitt, Clemson, State or Miami. Currently, all 4 are 8-8. Clemson hosts State tonight, and Miami plays at Pitt tomorrow. Clemson has the toughest remaining game (@ ND); Miami has the easiest (VT at home); so, ranking the most likely to least likely opponent: 1. Miami, 2. State, 3. Pitt, 4. Clemson.

I'd rank them State, Pitt, Clemson, Miami.

I'm guessing State wins tonight (even though its on the road, they have more to play for and got rid of their classic fuck-up game following a big win) and Pitt wins tomorrow night (slightly better team IMO and on their home court.

That would leave State in the driver's seat (own tiebreaker over Pitt) and Clemson/Miami would need both a Pitt and State loss combined with a win to have a chance at the six seed. I have Clemson ranked higher because I think they have a better chance of beating State and Miami does of beating Pitt on the road.

This is correct. I only know that because I wore the shirt yesterday.

I was at the first round games in Denver that year: Maryland, Syracuse, Carolina, Princeton, Texas...can't remember who else.

UTEP, BYU and Air Force before they were [Redacted]-ed

CORRECTAMUNDO

Also I've been discussing this on the season-long CBB thread where this belongs.

Plebes

2004, though I think it was the second round. We played the 13 seed and the 12 to advance to sweet 16. Can't remember which game was the Manhattan one. I do remember they had a guard absolutely go off on us and being terrified that we were going to lose.

Pretty sure that guard was Luis Florez, he went on to play on the Puerto Rican "National" team in some international tournaments and maybe the Olympics. I went to that game in Raleigh. That was fun.

Yep, Manhattan was the second round game. I was there as well.
Best part, besides eventually winning, was the "Wake...Forest" cheer throughout the RBC Center while the Duke game before ours was still going on.

Bring on the Wuffies. We can take 'em down again

Pretty sure that guard was Luis Florez, he went on to play on the Puerto Rican "National" team in some international tournaments and maybe the Olympics. I went to that game in Raleigh. That was fun.

Yup that was him. He only had 20 in that game (it seemed like way more).

Chris had 29p, 8r, 6a, 3s, 2b, and only 1t on 9-13 shooting.

Back