• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake related: Last Chance U

jaybone

Reaction score
Have not watched the show, but doesn't it cover East Mississippi community college? If so, isn't this where Kyle Kearns transferred? I don't think the next season is being filmed at EMCC, but I could be wrong. Never watched the show but heard it is good.

really good show, even my non football liking wife has enjoyed both seasons. It does cover EMCC but the coach was being a huge douche about the cameras (and free publicity) so not sure if they are going to film there this season or not.

Yes...that is where Kyle Kearns landed.

been binge watching all day. So fucking good...

To turn this into a Last Chance U thread, watched the first ep of Season 2 the other day. I really enjoyed the really old dude in the administration who got all choked up at the end of the first game because he was so proud of the effort of a bunch of D-I transfers and freshman playing their first ever game for EMCC when most of them are trying to get out of there as quickly as possible

What do you guys think of Buddy? It may be the way the show is edited, but I have yet to hear him say anything to a player or another coach about actual football strategy or techniques or tendencies of an opponent. All I hear is him just yelling at people to play harder and to pay attention. He just doesn't seem to have.... a coaches knowledge of the game. Plus, he just seems to be kind of a douchebag, especially in season one when he gets into a fight with a ref, and then acts all high and mighty a few weeks later when the team has a brawl. He also called his team a bunch of thugs which made me cringe with its racial overtones. All in all, not impressed with Buddy.

I mean this is probably a fairly obvious (and warm) take, but if the dude was really a decent coach he wouldn't be at a junior college in Mississippi

He's a grown ass man who goes by Buddy. The bar was set low early on.

Agreed on Buddy. Yeah, it could be the editing. Even that would seem to be intentional, but it definitely seems like Buddy teaches very little football skills or Xs and Os. He just yells about digging deeper, playing harder, etc. Very odd of a head coach. If feels like more of a high school setting where coaches are just yelling and not teaching.

I can't believe Pat Narduzzi took the Kamonte kid. If he tries some of that shit on Nard dog he will end up in the hospital.

Stepenson comes off as a Grade A asshole to me. I heart Brittany Wagner. She is really lovable. And Davern Williams is awesome. I really hope that dude ends up at a P5 school.

I can't believe Pat Narduzzi took the Kamonte kid. If he tries some of that shit on Nard dog he will end up in the hospital.

Me too. That kid is a disaster.

Back