• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Richmond Game thread

Rondale is the least of our problems IMO.

We have a decent number of problems and the fact that Rondale is seeing meaningful minutes is certainly a major one IMO. The bigger problem though is the fact that Madison can't even come close to sniffing an average game offensively over the past three weeks. He's absolutely horrible.

Unfortunately, at this point he's not much of a solution either.

Rondale is alright. He's a true freshmen. No one expects him to be a world beater. But he was better than Overton and plays okay in short minutes. Rondale is very much the least of our concerns at this point. Thankfully, Wilbekin will be back for the next game and Madison can hopefully focus on his defensive minutes.

The real issue in today's ball game was the horrid rebounding in the last 4 minutes for Wake. If Wake had gotten one of the 3 offensive rebounds that Richmond then converted into second-chance points, Wake wouldn't have needed miracles to win the game. Guys need to adjust to long 3's for rebounds (particularly guards) and everyone needs to find a dude and hit him before the ball comes off the board.

Devin's tip in was the #1 play on ESPN's top plays. That's always fun.

It feels nice to get a win like this. Yeah, it's ugly and yeah, it's only Richmond. But we have been driving through Shitsville for so long that it just feels good to get this and I'm happy for the kids. It was not a game many thought we would win. We hung in there and gutted it out.

Did bz ever explain why he offered Rondale?

He did. But as usual [Redacted] was incoherent.

I have no problem with Rondale. He may develop into a decent role player, or perhaps even more. At this point, his contribution to the team is limited. I hope and believe that he will improve.

The win was fun, and it was a road win. We needed it. Beggars can't be choosy, when it comes to road wins for Wake. But in all frankness, a normal Wake team would have wiped these Spiders off the floor. From what I saw, this did not look like a particularly strong Richmond team.

It feels nice to get a win like this. Yeah, it's ugly and yeah, it's only Richmond. But we have been driving through Shitsville for so long that it just feels good to get this and I'm happy for the kids. It was not a game many thought we would win. We hung in there and gutted it out.

Exactly.

Definitely. Especially since we were playing two men down from our regular eight man rotation.

Rondale is a very limited player right now but that's okay as he was not expected to be an instant contributor on offense. However, he's got to play smarter defense as he lost his man way too easily yesterday.

But our biggest problem is probably that the perceived best player has become a liability on offense way too much this season with bad passes, forced shots, and losing control of his emotions. Devin is our only down low option but he's got to be better with his decisions.

Also someone please teach the players how to block out on rebounds. They all watch the shot and simply try to out jump the other team.

It is nice to see McClinton seems to be rounding into form. His continued development will help out the team. Plus getting Mitchell back.

Last edited:
Weird thing about yesterday is that Devin scored on his first two touches and I thought he would be a beast all day, and Richmond hit its first three and I thought they'd kill us from deep all day. In both cases the opposite happened.

Rondale is a very limited player right now but that's okay as he was not expected to be an instant contributor on offense. However, he's got to play smarter defense as he lost his man way too easily yesterday.

I thought offense was his strong suit, but his shot doesn't look fundamentally sound to me. Didn't expect his defense to be good, and it isn't.

I thought offense was his strong suit, but his shot doesn't look fundamentally sound to me. Didn't expect his defense to be good, and it isn't.

There is a reason he was not recruited by any other high major or mid major program. He has no strong suits. It is probably best to expect absolutely zero from him and then you won't be disappointed.

Back