• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/State

Thomas passes RR on rebounds list at Wake #blowsoldsminds

Why would this blow an "olds" mind? As an "old" that saw Rogers play, he never was the rebounder Devin has become this season.

State took 24 more shots than us and still lost...

Just wanted to chime in to congratulate our Deacs on the win (even though they had us clenching hard at the end) and to give props to Devin, CMM, and now Madison, who all have really risen to the occasion these last two games despite a lot of heartbreak recently. Good to see them rewarded for their hard work, good play and steady focus in the face of adversity during that tough stretch of close losses.

Maybe this little streak will turn into a 5 or 6 game winning streak!

Huge plays down the stretch from the juniors when the team really needed it. That was the difference.

Echo the praise for Madison. He's playing within himself and has made big plays down the stretch the last two games. For a guy whom many of us wanted to run out of town, he's making a statement for himself.

Madison probably had one of his best games as a Deac tonight.

The biggest thing from last year to this year is that everybody knows their defined role and they try to play with in it. They succeed for the most part at their skillset, and that's why Coach Manning is getting more out of them than last year.

Jones is a perfect example of this. Learned how to change speeds, the game is slowing down, and he leads the ACC in conference play in assist:turnover ratio.

Echo the praise for Madison. He's playing within himself and has made big plays down the stretch the last two games. For a guy whom many of us wanted to run out of town, he's making a statement for himself.
This. I'm really impressed with Madison's development. Outside of recruiting, player development is arguably my favorite part of the Manning-era so far.

Leonard also seems like a much better fit coming off the bench. When he's in against a backup center he can use that baby hook, and if he's wide open he'll hit the occasional 3.

Very nice game from him tonight.

All I have to say is the game looks easy when you're making shots, and is impossibly hard when you're not. Luckily for us 33 minutes of some of the best Wake basketball in many years was enough to get the win. Hope the kids' psyches can hold up 'cause I suspect this is who we are for the rest of the season. The good news is Manning is showing he can teach 'em to play their best in spurts. Next year is full of anticipation. Congrats on the W.

Why would this blow an "olds" mind? As an "old" that saw Rogers play, he never was the rebounder Devin has become this season.

He also played alongside the likes of Chris King, Anthony Tucker, Tree Owens, & Derrick Hicks who pulled down 9.0/gm his Sr year. Not exactly as many rebounds to go around for RoRo. CMM is this team's 2nd leading rebounder at 5.0 per game. That puts things in perspective.

Please let's not even go there with such a comparison. Not even close to similar players. Rodney spent some time on the perimeter shooting 33-35% from the arc and could dominate a game like no other player I've seen at Wake other than Chill, CP3 or Teague at times.

DT has really turned a corner and has the potential to become a 2nd round pick, perhaps late 1st round, next year if he keeps progressing. Rodney would have probably scored 2,300-2,400 pts and pulled down close to 900 rebs if he had stayed a 4th year.

What happened with the fight at the end? I didn't catch it all at the game. I was told that Devin got thrown to the ground.

Martin and Devin got tangled and Devin wound up on the ground. Double Ts and we moved on.

Madison probably had one of his best games as a Deac tonight.

Jones is a perfect example of this...and he leads the ACC in conference play in assist:turnover ratio.

Gonna be tough to beat in that A/TO race with his 8/0 ratio tonight. Nice stat padding right there for MJ.

Haven't read this thread so forgive me if this has been covered but what we are missing is "a guy". It must kill Chill (the man with the biggest nuts on planet earth) to sit there and watch that. No one wants the ball in crunch time. I bet if we could suit up Chill at his current age and shape we would have 3-4 more wins. We need "a guy".

He also played alongside the likes of Chris King, Anthony Tucker, Tree Owens, & Derrick Hicks who pulled down 9.0/gm his Sr year. Not exactly as many rebounds to go around for RoRo. CMM is this team's 2nd leading rebounder at 5.0 per game. That puts things in perspective.

Please let's not even go there with such a comparison. Not even close to similar players. Rodney spent some time on the perimeter shooting 33-35% from the arc and could dominate a game like no other player I've seen at Wake other than Chill, CP3 or Teague at times.

DT has really turned a corner and has the potential to become a 2nd round pick, perhaps late 1st round, next year if he keeps progressing. Rodney would have probably scored 2,300-2,400 pts and pulled down close to 900 rebs if he had stayed a 4th year.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to explain that. Perhaps I should have inserted a word like "statistically" in there for clarity. Obviously DT is not, nor will he ever be anywhere on par with Rogers. Fact: DT is averaging almost 10 rebounds a game this season. Fact: Rogers's high was 8.5 rpg. Ergo, RR was never (statistically) the rebounder Devin has (statistically) become this season.

Back