• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Summer Camps - Where's Bzz?

Rolfe

Daylight in the swamp
Reaction score
I was just reading through the current Gold Rush and it has a writeup of the various sports camps offered this summer. One thing is not like the others:

Baseball - Tom Walter Baseball Camps
Male Basketball - The Hoops Academy at Wake Forest Univ
Female Basketball - Jen Hoover Basketball Camp
Football - Dave Clawson Football Camp
Male Golf - Jerry Haas Summer Golf Camp
Female Golf - Dianne Dailey Girls Golf Camp
Male Soccer - Jay Vidovich Soccer Camp
Female Soccer - Tony DaLuz Girls Soccer Camp

etc, etc, etc. In fairness, the field hockey camp doesn't have the coach's name either, but in reading the writeup it sounds like its designed to be an all-star/showcase camp.

If the Athletics Department is this boxed in, Dead Man Walking.

I don't think buzzy having his name attached to the camp would help attendance..

The Jeff [Redacted] Show has been cancelled tonight due to the weather.

If Buzz put his name on the camp he wouldn't have his summers free to spend with Wellman sipping Mai Tai's with little umbrellas on the deck of his beach house.

If Buzz put his name on the camp he wouldn't have his summers free to spend with Wellman sipping Mai Tai's with little umbrellas on the deck of his beach house.

Actually, he might. If he put his name on the camp, he might not have enough enrollment to run it.

Long ago I went to the Michigan camps and we saw Johnny Orr one time... on the final day. Bill Frieder ran the camp. Different schools set these things up differently. Michigan State doesn't call it the Tom Izzo basketball camp. But Wake is unique in naming every other camp with the head coach's name and omitting Bzz. I really don't know what to make of it. Could be something in the contract.

Back