• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Awesome for him. He will not be making the trip to VT with the team though. Is there a live stream for these matches?

Some of the matches are live streamed on the tournament website for free. It’s possible all the quarterfinals are streamed.

Just saw that Gojo is in the quarterfinals of the Bakersfield futures event, he beat the second seed in the first round...which is great but what happens if he and Petros keep winning, meanwhile USC comes to town on Sunday?

Just saw that Gojo is in the quarterfinals of the Bakersfield futures event, he beat the second seed in the first round...which is great but what happens if he and Petros keep winning, meanwhile USC comes to town on Sunday?

We might lose, and that's OK. We beat USC earlier this year. Two years ago Skander and Petros were at the Davis Cup and missed the match against NC State, which we lost 3-4. There was some concern on here about that result, but we still ended the season in a perfect position and won the ACC championship, snapping UVA's incredible streak. Our tennis program is like Duke men's basketball - we're going to make the NCAA tourney and all that really matters is how we are playing in April and May.

That is what having a deep team does for you. Top 2 guys elsewhere? No problem. Next two guys up get the job done.

That's the truth. We actually didn't play 4 of our top 6 singles players - Gojo, Petros, Botzer, and Seraphim all sat out singles. And we're currently up 6-0...

Incredibly gutsy win. Our 1, 2, 4, and 5 singles guys all out of the lineup and we will win 7-0. A tough of great efforts. Gadjiev sliding all the way up to 4 and getting the straight sets win was huge. Jules and Rezi winning in 3 against 2 good opponents at 2 and 3 was big. Depth is nasty.

Petros lost in straights yesterday in Texas so I would assume he is already back in WS and will be good for USC. Unfortunately it rained in Cali yesterday so Borna didn't even play. He is on at 1pm EST today which essentially eliminates him from USC match. Anyone know why Bar didn't play singles yesterday? USC will be a tough out without Borna but still a winnable match especially if Bar is ok to play.

Petros
Skan
Bar
Zlob
Cungu
Seraphim/Gadjiev

I don’t know why Bar didn’t play, but my guess is a minor injury given that he played doubles.

Skander was down 1-4 in the third and won 5 straight to clinch the match. Impressive.

Enjoy this team while we can.... they are awesome to watch. Hopefully they bring home the NCAAs but even if they don't this has to be one of the more dominant teams we've had at Wake relative to ACC competition.

Potentially the best Wake Forest Team in the history of the school?

We will see.

The men have two good home matches this week. On Tuesday they play #7 Illinois at 4 PM and on Wednesday they play #17 Duke, also at 4 PM. I think both matches will be indoors based on the forecast.

The men have two good home matches this week. On Tuesday they play #7 Illinois at 4 PM and on Wednesday they play #17 Duke, also at 4 PM. I think both matches will be indoors based on the forecast.

Where are the indoor courts? Are they adjacent to the outdoor courts or on campus?

Back