• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

Press conference coming next week to announce [Redacted]'s 5 year extension!!

Just emailed Hatch. I expect a polite reply just like last year. Maybe if he were flooded with emails it would make a difference, but probably not. I did it mostly for my own sanity. To say that I tried to speak truth to power.

last one out of the joel, switch off the lights.

Nothing on his show's Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/JFeinsteinShow

Looking over prior tweets it appears this account is mostly for promoting his show, not breaking news.

So, off I go to hit refresh a few more hundred times for something concrete. I hope the servers are up to the additional traffic I've been creating.

I swear, it's like Wake fanbase has been at the center of an epic troll job for the last 4 years involving Wellman, Buzz, Riley, Carmelo, multiple national sportswriters, etc.

could this be a massive experiment from the psych dept?

CRumsLk.gif

UPDATE: already got response from hatch. your thoughts on this:
Thanks for your note and advice. I appreciate getting constructive input from alumni such as yourself.

All best,

Nathan

could this be a massive experiment from the psych dept?

Or the return of Candid Camera. They've actually been following us around for years with cameras. When Buzz's extension is announced and we all show up at Wellman's doorstep, he'll pop up with a camera crew and let us all in on the 4 year rolling joke, at which point a 2 hour documentary will be put together and released as the latest Netflix Original.

Regardless of whether any of these rumors are accurate, this just goes to show the benefit of releasing a curt, right-to-the-point press release immediately following the last game. As someone else has already posted, now Wellman is essentially forced into making some kind of announcement to clarify and/or correct whatever's swirling around on Twitter. PR 101.

I swear, it's like Wake fanbase has been at the center of an epic troll job for the last 4 years involving Wellman, Buzz, Riley, Carmelo, multiple national sportswriters, members of the press, etc.

Don't forget BabyDeac. He's in on it.

My two boys like to run around the house screaming "everybody PANIC!!!" for no reason at all. This thread reminds of that for some reason. No way in hell is this legit.

Or the return of Candid Camera. They've actually been following us around for years with cameras. When Buzz's extension is announced and we all show up at Wellman's doorstep, he'll pop up with a camera crew and let us all in on the 4 year rolling joke, at which point a 2 hour documentary will be put together and released as the latest Netflix Original.

that would kinda make it all worth it. just a few hundred epic meltdowns with dramatic music. House of Deacons

Wellman will not dignify a WFNZ radio producer's twitter with a response.

Regardless of whether any of these rumors are accurate, this just goes to show the benefit of releasing a curt, right-to-the-point press release immediately following the last game. As someone else has already posted, now Wellman is essentially forced into making some kind of announcement to clarify and/or correct whatever's swirling around on Twitter. PR 101.

No he's not. Anxiety on our part does not equal anxiety on his part. He's clearly not concerned with this board's panic or drama.

This is why it must be awesome to be a sports radio shock jock. In two weeks when the truth has come out, no one will remember that this asshole just made up a rumor and reported it as fact to get clicks and twitter followers.

Wellman will not dignify a WFNZ radio producer's twitter with a response.

Typically, you'd be right. But Wellman brought this one on himself by not making any sort of statement after the last game. Usually when a coach is on the hot seat, an AD will say something about meeting with the coach within a few days and evaluating how to move forward.

Back