• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

15iqtl.jpg

Yeah, I think we are parsing words. He is gone, but Ron didn't "fire" him.
Pretty much. Technically, the only thing that (presumably) remains is for Wake Forest to officially announce [Redacted]'s resignation. Any question in the form "do you intend to fire" or "do you plan on firing" or "do you plan on evaluating the job status of" can all be easily evaded by RW.

Which, under these specific circumstances, should be a firable offense for him.

1. They're not going to fire Chairman Ron when he only has a couple of years left anyway.

2. Hatch and the BOT don't care much about athletics.

3. Hatch and the BOT don't like to buck Chairman Ron.

4. Hatch and the BOT know Buzzdick is gone, so they don't care if people on the interwebs are panicking for a few days - hell, they may enjoy that as much as Chairman Ron does. They certainly don't like when we voice our opinions.

Just got a call that he will be given a 4 year extension (so 5 total seasons after this one.) Unreal.

Oh shit. 2nd call just came in. 10 year extension! [Redacted] was right all along!

what we're witnessing here is the hysteria that accompanies a news vacuum.

LOL. I am so with you. We have no plan in place, we just know we are getting rid of Buzz with a resignation. Wellman has no plan in place beyond how to word the resignation and if we actually HAD a few decent recruits (we have 1)...they would???

At least Va. Tech has BALLS.

I just ... I have nothing to say. I hate my alma mater. I hate Ron Wellman. Fuck.

Just got a call that my drycleaning is ready for pickup.

Posted by Andy Durham on March 18, 2014 at 11:14 am under College | 3 Comments to Read

Wake Forest Basketball/Winston-Salem Press Conference Update

Looks like anything that was going to happen today(Tuesday) will be postponed due to the weather and Ron Wellman extending his NCAA visits out of town at the NCAA game city sites…(Wellman NCAA Tournament Chairman)

They may need more time to figure out how they want to approach this….

ULTIMATE LOWF.

I like to think that ron was about to fire him, but then Macy Gray's "I try" came on and he burst into tears and he just couldn't do it.

[Redacted] is apparently on "vacation" right now. Not that we necessarily need [Redacted] here to fire him, but he's allegedly not even in Winston. Probably at the beach.

Wonder if it's possible Feinstein ran into Chairman Ron in Dayton, asked about Buzzdick, and Chairman Ron responded that he wasn't "firing" Buzzdick just to troll us. We go nuts for a few days, and Chairman Ron accepts Buzzdick's resignation early next week. FWIW, I don't think Feinstein would intentionally troll us.

You really think Wellman told Feinstein, "We're keeping Bzz but those assistants have GOT to go?"

Just got a call from a toaster. He says that [Redacted]'s career just made an appointment with him.

The plot thickens.

Back