• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ UNC and no game thread?

Standing around will likely be worse against Syracuse and their zone. Hopefully, we can shoot well enough to win because the Orange will get the rebounds.

I'm going to quote Joey Davis' recent post from BSD on this. I agree with him: not against Childress playing but when we have both he and Crawford on the floor, our offense stalls.

"Chaundee Brown has been in 392 possessions offense and defense. On those possessions we’ve given up 399 and scored 461. That’s a defense rating of 101.79 vs. 104.81 team and an offensive rating of 117.60 vs. 112.92 team. We’re 5 pts better offensively and 3 pts better defensively with Chaundee on the court.

Mitchell has 194 offensive possessions and 193 defensive possessions 106.19 offense and 91.19 defense. So the offense underperforms 6 pts but the defense overperforms by 13 pts.

Childress is 111.97 offense on 468 possessions and 108.14 on 467 defensive possessions. He underperforms the team on both ends and is the only player in the 10 man rotation that does.

Childress’s numbers have improved greatly over the last two games. In fact, he was the only positive player against Tennessee. But he played both those games as the sole ballhandler without Crawford on the court. When Crawford and Childress are on the court together the offense stalls out.

I’m not against Childress playing. I’m against Childress or Crawford playing out of position. We do poorly as a team when that happens. Right now the two of them are playing over 50 mpg combined. That number needs to be a lot closer to 40."

That's good info. Very interesting that the defense does so well with Mitchell. I'd assume much of that is because he's typically on the court with Moore.

^ Or Chaundee. I appreciate the info Chil Tron. I'll pay more attention to how we look when Childress and Crawford are on the court together. I though Chaundee looked very solid on D against UNC but made too many freshman mistakes offensively. Still, I was always happy to see him come into the game.

Back