• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Dook Game Thread

Deac6

Reaction score
Fuck dook
il_fullxfull.52145740.jpg

To ward off any jinx, no prediction here shall I make.

But nothing would surprise me.

Here is the Duke scouting report from kenpom:

83-76 Duke

Duke has the #3 rated offense and #56 defense. Duke's strengths are: a) not turning it over on offense (#4 in TO %), offensive rebounding (#17), and not shockingly they don't foul a lot on defense (more precisely they don't get called for a lot of fouls when on defense; #9 in opponents FT rate per opponents FG attempts). Duke's biggest weakness: defending the 3 (#248 in 3 point FG% defense). With Amile Jefferson out, Duke has a very short bench as only 7 players get the vast majority of minutes. Matt Jones has been really tough from 3 (45%).

Winnable game. WF will get open shots. They will need to hit them. WF must play its best defensive game, and keep Duke off the offensive glass. Also, need an evenly called game from the officials.

Last edited:

83-76 Duke

Duke has the #3 rated offense and #56 defense. Duke's strengths are: a) not turning it over on offense (#4 in TO %), offensive rebounding (#17), and not shockingly they don't foul a lot on defense (more precisely they don't get called for a lot of fouls when on defense #9 in opponents FT rate per opponents FG attempts). Duke's biggest weakness: defending the 3 (#248 in 3 point FG% defense). With Amile Jefferson out, Duke has a very short bench as only 7 players get the vast majority of minutes. Matt Jones has been really tough from 3 (45%).

Winnable game. WF will get open shots. They will need to hit them. WF must play its best defensive game, and keep Duke off the offensive glass. Also, need an evenly called game from the officials.

Come on, man. The only way we win this is if our players go in knowing that it is 8 on 5 and accept that they just have to fight through that.

Think we cover the 8 points but lose a close one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you confidently post that we'd beat Dook right after our loss to Louisville? I could be thinking of another doofus.

I think we win tonight by 6-8 and get on a roll in league play. This is the most confident I've been about the Deacs since, well, you know.

83-76 Duke

Duke has the #3 rated offense and #56 defense. Duke's strengths are: a) not turning it over on offense (#4 in TO %), offensive rebounding (#17), and not shockingly they don't foul a lot on defense (more precisely they don't get called for a lot of fouls when on defense; #9 in opponents FT rate per opponents FG attempts). Duke's biggest weakness: defending the 3 (#248 in 3 point FG% defense). With Amile Jefferson out, Duke has a very short bench as only 7 players get the vast majority of minutes. Matt Jones has been really tough from 3 (45%).

I've said for awhile that 5 timeouts helped talented teams with short benches like Duke usually has. It will be interesting to see if one fewer timeout hurts them.

Back