• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Women v. UNC

e31.jpg

Completely fell apart the last 3 minutes of the game. We were hanging tough and even eliminated a 9 point second half deficit to tie the game. Carolina refs as usual. UNC's coach reminds me of Lindsay Graham.

Completely fell apart the last 3 minutes of the game. We were hanging tough and even eliminated a 9 point second half deficit to tie the game. Carolina refs as usual. UNC's coach reminds me of Lindsay Graham.

Sounds like business as usual with women's basketball at Wake. We've had a lot of close calls against UNC over the years, even when we were pretty bad. I won't get too excited about the new regime yet.

or really at all since it's, you know, women trying to play basketball

All of our best talent graduated last year. But we have quite a few top 100 recruits coming in.

So you mean HAMby.

Douglas is good also, but you aren't going to win in the ACC with two good players.

Next year we have two top 100 players coming in and the year after two more (including a top 20 guard).

Douglas is good also, but you aren't going to win in the ACC with two good players.

Next year we have two top 100 players coming in and the year after two more (including a top 20 guard).

I agree with that assessment, but to say "all our best talent graduated" is just not being honest.

OK, most of our talent graduated. Never understood why we weren't better last year. I guess a transition to Hoover. The next 3 or 4 years will tell the tale on Hoover. We need to make the big dance in that time.

Jill Brunori (Fr.) is the second or third best player we have right now. Candace Ball (So.) is being coached very well and has improved exponentially this year.

The bar is just so low for Wake women's basketball that any success whatsoever would be welcome.

We lost our last coach to god damned North Texas. Think about that: North Texas.

We've made one NCAA tournament ever and it was the year before I was born.

Back