• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Women's Football Clinic

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
I got a call from the Athletic Department yesterday, the annual Women's Football Clinic will be held Saturday June 4.

Any of the ladies here planning on attending?

I have been twice and it's always fun. A nice lunch to begin, Grobe makes a funny speech, introduces the coaches and talks a bit about the past/upcoming season.

Then choose between learning plays/formations inside or getting out onto the field and doing drills with the coaching staff.

To finish, lots of door prizes and there is usually a giveaway of some sort for everyone - last year it was a nice zip-top tote with WF logo.

The voicemail said there would be some new things this year. I'm looking forward to it and hope to see some of you out there! Still waiting for some of the guys to show up in wigs and dresses... :cool:

To finish, lots of door prizes and there is usually a giveaway of some sort for everyone - last year it was a nice zip-top tote with WF logo.

I use that tote to carry my scrubs/lunch to work on a daily basis. Nice quality man purse. MrsTsy was calling around trying to encourage her friends/coworkers to go. She had a blast last year.

I got that call too...while I was at the hair salon this morning. I'm pretty psyched to hear that there will be Bloody Marys & Mimosas with breakfast & a fashion show.

I'll definitely be there. Hoping Mrs I/O will be coming too. And wakegrrl...you need to attend this year - wanna carpool?

I need to check with the husband unit. We're going to be gone a lot in May and June but I would love to go and potentially have the opportunity to meet some other posters of the female persuasion.

ETA: Husband has no issue. Peach, I'll drive this time. :)

Last edited:
I would really like to do this one year, but driving up from ATL seems a little ridiculous. Maybe the weekend will coincide with some other reason for me to be in NC one year.

I've gone for the past few years and it has been a lot of fun. Sadly, I have to miss it this year! I'm honestly surprised that they changed when they hold it.

MrsJCC will be in Europe with her mom so she's out this year......& really disappointed. (Cue the "she should be used to it by now" jokes)

Anyone know why this was moved to June instead of later in the summer?

My wife goes pretty much every year, and she is planning on it again this time. I laughed when it was Brett that left the message on my machine, since I remember him from when we were both students and his name is usually accompanied by a laugh in our group of friends.

I would really like to do this one year, but driving up from ATL seems a little ridiculous. Maybe the weekend will coincide with some other reason for me to be in NC one year.

Yeah, but you'd end up coaching Lobo. Actually, I'll handle the expenses for your trip. We'd all thank you.

Would like to send the bride-to-be if she's not occupied with a shower of some sorts.

StigMom, StigFiancee, her mom and her sister will all be there.

I wonder if they moved it because of the heat? The ladies in my life who went last year said that it was incredibly hot

StigMom, StigFiancee, her mom and her sister will all be there.

I wonder if they moved it because of the heat? The ladies in my life who went last year said that it was incredibly hot

I've been saying that they should switch to sometime other than the hottest time of the year. At last!

And wakegrrl - looking forward to catching up on the drive to Winston!

It was dreadfully hot last year, and of course the turf makes it even hotter.

I wonder if they'll have stuff on the field for video board construction later in the season, thus preventing us from being on the field.

It was dreadfully hot last year, and of course the turf makes it even hotter.

I wonder if they'll have stuff on the field for video board construction later in the season, thus preventing us from being on the field.

I havent been over there to look, but there shouldnt be. They can access everything they need from the upper endzone.

Wanted to bump this thread. Looks like tickets are still available and it benefits a good cause.

Wakelaw2006, let me know if you can make it this year. I need a buddy to go with me!

My wife and 2 friends are going. First time for all three.

I'm signed up! thanks for the bump, lalark.

Here is the article, with info on registering and more details.

"This event has a history of selling out, so please call the Sports Marketing Office at (336) 758-3878 to learn more or to sign up today. You can also sign up for the event online by clicking here."

Back