• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wall Street not supporting Obama this time

Marietta Deac

Reaction score
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-obama-losing-support-among-wall-street-ceos/

Looks like Obama didn't do they're bidding so they are going to support Romney and try to buy the election as normal. Shows how much power is concentrated in a few private citizens. Personally, I didn't realize they had supported Obama so prominently last election. The other disturbing fact to me is at the bottom of the page. I'm not a fan of public institutions contributing to presidential campaigns even if they are located in a state that went for the same candidate, e.g. University System of CA.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-obama-losing-support-among-wall-street-ceos/

Looks like Obama didn't do they're bidding so they are going to support Romney and try to buy the election as normal. Shows how much power is concentrated in a few private citizens. Personally, I didn't realize they had supported Obama so prominently last election. The other disturbing fact to me is at the bottom of the page. I'm not a fan of public institutions contributing to presidential campaigns even if they are located in a state that went for the same candidate, e.g. University System of CA.

I didn't either untill I read Confidence Men by Ron Suskind. Wall street execs made a calculation in late 2007 early 2008 that Obama had a good chance of winning and begin to open up as Obama reached out to them. As Obama began to win more and more primaries his support among them grew.

Wall Street bought stock in Obama. Now they're hedging with Romney. That's what is happening. People act like Obama was owned by Wall Street. No. They just thought he was going to win.

Obama can use this to his advantage but I doubt he'll do it effectively.

Wall Street bought stock in Obama. Now they're hedging with Romney. That's what is happening. People act like Obama was owned by Wall Street. No. They just thought he was going to win.

Obama can use this to his advantage but I doubt he'll do it effectively.

Bingo. Wall Street does this all the time.

These tables list the top donors to these candidates in the 2012 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Not shocking that Harvard and Cal have tons of liberal employees (and their families) donating to Obama.

Back