• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Want to Know Your Rep Stats? Ask your friendly Mods!

I trust you guys, I just wish that there would be some sort of statement addressing the people who have driven RJ up the wall on this particular issue. I think him sending you all the messages is too much for sure, but the reason he's sending a lot of them is he's the only person on the boards who have a coordinated campaign to constantly negrep him because they think it's fun.

RJ whines too much and it takes its toll, it's probably not okay to joke about Auschwitz with Jewish people (even though I thought this was pretty elementary knowledge), and having a mod state that he had an active campaign of negrepping to remind a poster what a "miserable little twat" he is, is not a good way for people to trust moderators in general. My final two cents on the matter.

That was a new moderator (*actually admin* -- and he was instated, what? 2 weeks ago?); and in addition to that he also said he was done neg repping rj.

Tell the whole story.

And why the fuck are you defending this clown? I know you think he's a douche.

Because RJ is arguably the most polarizing person on the boards. People starting negrepping him, and he negrepped them back. People got frustrated that he complained about getting negrepped all the time and thought that him negrepping back was stupid, so they started negrepping him more. Somehow this turned into multiple people saying he's a pathetic old man, a miserable twat, and that the world will be a better place without him. RJ has made some dumb posts (especially in the KenPom thread) but he's a good guy and I generally think telling people that the world would be a better place without them is a little extreme even for an anonymous message board.

That was a new moderator (*actually admin* -- and he was instated, what? 2 weeks ago?); and in addition to that he also said he was done neg repping rj.

Tell the whole story.

And why the fuck are you defending this clown? I know you think he's a douche.

Everybody knows the story, it happened like a week ago. Furthermore he only said he was stopping because other people were now "carrying on the torch" it didn't have anything to do with him becoming mod (unless it did and he just provided the carrying on the torch as a public reason).

I don't have a problem with RJ. I read his posts at face value and if they're thought provoking I think about them, if it's babble I just carry on and ignore it. It's pretty easy to ignore stuff for the most part which again, is something I think that everybody in this situation could stand to learn (RJ and his stalkers).

Because RJ is arguably the most polarizing person on the boards. People starting negrepping him, and he negrepped them back. People got frustrated that he complained about getting negrepped all the time and thought that him negrepping back was stupid, so they started negrepping him more. Somehow this turned into multiple people saying he's a pathetic old man, a miserable twat, and that the world will be a better place without him. RJ has made some dumb posts (especially in the KenPom thread) but he's a good guy and I generally think telling people that the world would be a better place without them is a little extreme even for an anonymous message board.

And predictably, numbers' only specific issue with rj is that he disagreed with kenpom. Jesus christ.

RJ brings this kind of attention on himself. If he didn't want to matter so much on a stupid message board then he probably wouldn't get half the shit that he does. But he does want to be a big deal on a message board (if that's a thing someone sane should want), as evidenced by the bizarre rep obsession/valuation and the ESPN Presents The Decision thread we are all reading now.

Plenty of people have polarizing/different opinions on this board. It can't be a coincidence that somehow RJ accidentally ends up in the majority of the ones that turn into hissy fits and whining.

If you really get pissed about losing a made up Deacon icon on a board that mostly consists of "Restaurant Recs in Branson?", "bish's MONTE chick polls," "This Local Beer You Guys Should Totally Try But Really Who Fucking Cares", and game threads mostly consisting of curse words and facepalm gifs, then you need to take a step back from the computer, unplug it, go find a lake, and throw it in.

Last edited:

I'm polarizing (if my rep is any indication) and I get plenty of nasty (funny) comments in neg rep form. I don't cry about it? You know why? Because I'm not a 13 year old girl who dramatizes everything and gets off on being the center of attention.

People have various levels of thick skin. I've said it a lot: RJ is whining a lot, I agree with that, but I think a lot of people would do the same if they received the same treatment. We can both agree you're probably above the average, reasonable person in terms of thick skin and RJ is probably below it. I think that what the stalkers have been doing would likely lead a reasonable person to complain about it.

People have various levels of thick skin. I've said it a lot: RJ is whining a lot, I agree with that, but I think a lot of people would do the same if they received the same treatment. We can both agree you're probably above the average, reasonable person in terms of thick skin and RJ is probably below it. I think that what the stalkers have been doing would likely lead a reasonable person to complain about it.

If you're going to spend your time defending clients like rj, you're going to be one shitty lawyer.

If you're going to be as polarizing as RJ, you need to have a little bit thicker skin. He is one of the most condescending posters on the board after Moonz. He has valid points but doesn't express them in the most effective manner.

I only have one thing to say about KenPom and others:

Last post on this attention whore's thread...

We all know it is an empty threat. RJ isn't going anywhere and was just looking for people to get his back so he could rub one out really quickly.
Did anybody seriously think he might leave? If so, please be aware he threatened to leave at least 4 times during the time I was a mod here. I never took those seriously either.

K. Bye.

"i want you redder than a baboon's asshole." LOL

If you get a neg rep from me its going to be an obscure disease you have never heard of, like RJ got Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome for caring about rep so much and Knight received Hallervorden-Spatz disease for being such a douche, so at least I am trying to raise awareness for the 1 in a million, fuck susan G kolman and Pink.

I have decided rj is on a relatively righteous path. So for now I will lay off. I am the same superhero I was once and always have been but I will not ask nor command my minions to do anything did they find unconscionable. And I reserve the right to come back at full superhero strength if RJ once again falls and walkd down the path towards further cuntery. Good day.

Back