• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wanting a cheap, reliable used car near W-S / Greensboro

warak

Reaction score
I don't live in the area any longer but am looking to purchase a cheap used car for a family member in need that lives in the area. I am trying to keep the price under $3,000. It must be very reliable but that is about all.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

a5f3ce93fc09c30e6e8f081b459239f8.jpg

Apparently not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it too obvious to suggest CL for a Camry or Corolla?

Yeah, I've looked but live out of the state. Hoping for an option that I am not familiar with, or an idea from someone close to the business.

I've used 5 points auto sales (used to be EME auto sales) on Kernersville Rd in the past.

For $500, you give them the type of car you want and the max you'd want to spend and they'd search the Statesville and Greensboro auto auctions, do a check of any cars that fit your criteria, and then bid up to your max on it. They do the inspections the day before the auction, so if you want to, they'll call you and you can test drive the cars on the auction lot.

It's been a while since I've used them (about 6-7 years - and under their previous name), but when I did, I got a Camry for about $4k less than what was being advertised for comparable cars on CL and on lots.

Back