• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ware Injury

Looked up spoiler bar. I presumed that I should click on that, but it didn't work. Hence, my question.

I suspect the problem is with my browser. Thanks for responding.

35jc99.jpg

I saw something similar (though not a compound) during a game my senior year at Davidson--a frehman named Emeka Erege jumped to try and block a layup on a fast break, landed, broke his leg, and started screaming. Not good times. He was able to play again, though. Hope Ware can do the same.

Here is a higher resolution shot of the injury. I'm hiding it behind spoiler tags because it's pretty gruesome...

6gWpoez.jpg
That's almost as gross as what Wellman and Bzz have done to our program.

Almost.

Weightbearing already?!

no way - picture looks like he's bearing weight on that leg, but he's not - all this weight is on the crutches and good leg.

and you can definitely tell how skinny his legs are - his anatomy surely contributed to that snap.

You see all those tats? Clearly this injury was due to culture. #cultureout

That picture is horrific. I think I just stared at it for 30 seconds just wondering how in the hell something like that happened by just jumping and landing. That's insane.

It's just gross. He had to have come down with all of his weight on that one leg.

Maybe the raised court did have something to do with it and he panicked or something in his landing to avoid falling off the court into the lower bench area.

Is that line you see a shadow of the rod they inserted or the bone or just nothing?

Probably that thing that keeps all the bandages together and tight.

Goddammit. I was on the road yesterday and missed seeing it live. I've avoided seeing the injury until now. I saw the spoiler tag, decided to not to open it...

Then my curiosity got the best of me, so i came back a few minutes later to view. I hate the internet.

Is that line you see a shadow of the rod they inserted or the bone or just nothing?

Probably that thing that keeps all the bandages together and tight.

It looks like the end of a 4" bandage. Its definitely not the bone or the rod. Its highly unlikely, but it could also be fluid seeping through the bandages where they did the surgical incision.

somebody give me one good reason why I should look at that photo

I mean relatively its not that bad, if you factor in pain yeah sure but visually its just his lower leg about half way up the tibia at a 90 degree angle while the place where the tibia snapped exposed parallel to where it use to be whole.

Back