• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Warriors Waive Ish

Did anyone really ever think Ish was going to be much more than a borderline NBA player? This is the way that his career will progress -- cups of coffee with a handful of teams and a bunch of 10-day contracts. If he's lucky, he'll fall into a situation where he'll stay on the team for the majority of a single season. If he learns to shoot, maybe he can become a valuable backup, but we've been watching him for six year now and know that he can't shoot, especially at an NBA level.

Did anyone really ever think Ish was going to be much more than a borderline NBA player? This is the way that his career will progress -- cups of coffee with a handful of teams and a bunch of 10-day contracts. If he's lucky, he'll fall into a situation where he'll stay on the team for the majority of a single season. If he learns to shoot, maybe he can become a valuable backup, but we've been watching him for six year now and know that he can't shoot, especially at an NBA level.

After watching him in Houston's Summer League, I wasn't sure. Watching him in preseason that year, I was sure he'd have a career as long as he could keep his legs under him. I also thought he just needed to tweak the floater in the lane (which seems way off from where it was his senior year) and that would give him more confidence in his shot. He's had some decent nights shooting last year for the Rox and he's had good games w/ the Warriors (heck, I thought I saw he's like 12th in PER in the West right now). I wonder if there was something not right w/ he and Ellis - that last game they played together, Ellis seemed to want to deny him of assists.

There are teams that could use a PG and if one of them would let him (briefly) play through the bad shooting, I think he'll be fine. Seems like everyone that watches him thinks he's a real deal PG and makes better-than-most decisions with the ball. And everyone seems in awe of his speed.

I think if he gets more than a couple games to show his worth, he'll be more than a cup of coffee. Depends if he gets another shot and he needs to go somewhere (if he does go somewhere in the NBA) that doesn't have three guys playing the 1 in front of him.

After watching him in Houston's Summer League, I wasn't sure. Watching him in preseason that year, I was sure he'd have a career as long as he could keep his legs under him. I also thought he just needed to tweak the floater in the lane (which seems way off from where it was his senior year) and that would give him more confidence in his shot. He's had some decent nights shooting last year for the Rox and he's had good games w/ the Warriors (heck, I thought I saw he's like 12th in PER in the West right now). I wonder if there was something not right w/ he and Ellis - that last game they played together, Ellis seemed to want to deny him of assists.

There are teams that could use a PG and if one of them would let him (briefly) play through the bad shooting, I think he'll be fine. Seems like everyone that watches him thinks he's a real deal PG and makes better-than-most decisions with the ball. And everyone seems in awe of his speed.

I think if he gets more than a couple games to show his worth, he'll be more than a cup of coffee. Depends if he gets another shot and he needs to go somewhere (if he does go somewhere in the NBA) that doesn't have three guys playing the 1 in front of him.

Agreed. He looked really good in the limited minutes I saw him play for the Warriors.

Ish versus Blake... Who do you take?

I didn't think he'd be an NBA player at all since he can't shoot FTs or treys, so he's already exceeded my expectations.

The Spurs would seem to be a good fit. TJ Ford is now out for 6 weeks. Ish is a quality person which fits the Spurs mold. Plus they have a big time shot coach which would be perfect for Ish.

If he could consistently hit an open three, he'd be the perfect fit on the Lakers. He still might be an upgrade over their current PGs.

Back