• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Are Ranked!

Pats as #3 in the NFL is stupid. I'm sure that pats fans are so upset that all of their success has earned them the ire of other fans.

UGA as #1 in NCAA football is silly, too. Their attendance numbers don't seem to indicate that their fans are all that miserable.

I would agree that UGA Football does belong on this list, but you could debate if they deserve be #1. I started following SEC Football after going to Grad School at Alabama, and this is what I have learned about UGA Football since then. After Hershel left, they only had 2 10 win seasons until 02, but since then have had 10 10 win seasons over the past 14 seasons. Also, they have finished the season ranked in the Top 10 8 times, and at least ranked in the Top 25 12 out of the past 14 seasons. In SEC play, they have won the SEC East 5 times, and the SEC twice. Also, they have finished conference play with a record of at least 6-2 9 times, and have had only one season with a losing conference record. Finally, they are currently 3rd in the college football with the longest active streak of consecutive Bowl Game appearances at 19 straight seasons (FSU is 1st with 34 and VTech is 2nd with 23).

With all of that said, during there recent run of success they have watched 4 other SEC schools win National Titles (Alabama 4, Auburn 1, Florida, 2, LSU 2) and Tennessee won at National Title in 1998. Basically, they are the only SEC "Powerhouse" NOT to win a National Title during the SEC's recent run of success, and have had to watch every other SEC Program win at least 1 National Title. Since the 02 Season, they have appeared 5 SEC Title Games, tied for 1st with Alabama. Some people might not like this analogy, but I don't how else to put it, but UGA not winning at least 1 National Title since the 02 season is similar to WFU BBall not getting to at least 1 Final 4 during our 20 year run with the talent that came through here.

As for the comment about attendance, just about every SEC Conference Home Game will be either sold out or close to sold out with the exceptions of Vandy and Kentucky. There are decades of football tradition that have been built across the SEC colleges, and the games will sell out regardless of how well the team is doing. For example, look at Ole' Miss. They haven't won an SEC Title since 1963, and there only appearance in an SEC Title game was in 2003. However, their fan base cares more about tailgating in The Grove than the actual football game. In other words, the "Main Event" is the Tailgate, while the football game is just the "Sideshow", and they have a saying "We may not win every game, but we've never lost a party". With all that said, SEC home games at Ole Miss will still be either sold out or very close to sold out.

Last edited:
With today's announcement, do we move up to #2?

No way. Rankings were for most miserable fan base. We are enjoying this. Wellman having to repeat himself for the 6th straight year was entertaining .

Back