• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We do have basketball game Saturday

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Anyone remember that? What is the report on Xavier? I understand they have 3 really good 6'5' guards. Any reports on how practice has gone this week? Big opportunity for the Deacs to get a big win on the road

Not until 8 tonight? Blah.

Collins has to get the ball tonight. We seem to forget about him late in the game.

What's the KenPom spread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep wanting for us to get a win that demonstratively shows we are headed in the right direction. This would be one of those wins, but I don't think we're ready to beat a top 20 team on the road yet, unfortunately.

We're gonna need so many 3s from Woods and Arians tonight. If they're hitting and keeping them honest inside, I like our chances. That is going to apply to most of our games going forward, I know.

Plus, UFC on Fox is on tonight at 8pm, Paige Van Zant vs. "The Karate Hottie" Michelle Waterson is the main event. Chick cock fighting on network TV, we've come a long way.

Kind of like Wake and the points tonight, though I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Kind of like Wake and the points tonight, though I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

How many times have you said that in your gambling career?

KP has Xavier as the #20 team in the county. They are 8-2 with losses to Baylor and Colorado. Xavier's top 100 wins are against Clemson, Utah and Northern Iowa twice.

Xavier's strength is rebounding they are #29 in the country in getting offensive boards and #9 in preventing their opponent for getting offensive boards. Xavier is also good at forcing turnovers on defense. They are not a great shooting team (32.5% from 3 #243 in the country). They create match up problems as Xavier starting guards are 6-5 and 6-6. Xavier is #11 in height. In fact, their starting 5 goes: 6-5,6-6, 6-6,6-6,6-9. Seems like WF would play a lot of zone as Xavier doesn't shoot well, and we have some man to man matchup issues.

We need Collins to stay out of foul trouble, WF needs to keep X off the boards, shoot well, and hope Xavier continues to shoot poorly. Tough game, but good prep for ACC games.

Back