• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Finally Made ESPN Frontpage

ThinkingWithMyDeac

Reaction score
We finally warranted an ESPN headline like the good old days, this time for being a NCAA bad loss number 1 seed killer but I guess we take what we can get these days.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/95151/did-dukes-bid-for-no-1-matter

"In its fourth season under Jeff [Redacted], the Wake Forest Demon Deacons men's basketball team is not quite the fan-alienating train wreck of seasons past, but it isn't very good, either.

Wake Forest has scored 1.0 points per possession and allowed 1.10 to ACC opponents this season. It ranks 12th in the ACC in the former category and 13th in the latter. It owns home losses to Georgia Tech and Boston College. Its 16-14 overall record is well-earned.

On Wednesday night, the Duke Blue Devils lost 82-72 at Wake Forest. This was, in the bracket parlance, a bad loss -- the kind that can knock a bubble team out of the tournament, the kind that can irreparably tarnish a team's chances of landing in contention for a No. 1 seed.

cav_zpsd003086d.png

3KozDtT.jpg

LOL, better strike that one from K's record, coach medical redshirt for the game. Don't worry K, losing to Bz would give anyone the vapors.

Listen to Stuart Scott narrate the game highlights. At one pont, he starts humming the Wake Forest fight song tune!!!! And he's on key!

True, but fair to say he has always pushed the Deacs as well. There was nobody on the ESPN staff the was pushing CP3 harder than SS during his entire career at Wake. I remember him calling CP3 the best point guard in the ACC early in his freshman year, and was amazed he put aside his UNC bias.
He's a tarhole.

I hate the Tarholes but folks that actually went to the school and got a sheep skin, albeit insufferable most of the time, respect Wake Forest.

Its their WalMart fans that are the worst.

and having a degree from UNC, he probably didn't mind narrating a Duke basketball loss ONE BIT.

Back