• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We have a chance to be a pretty good football team...

Nice edit, Angus. I was watching in a bar with no sound, no DVR, maybe even a bad camera angle.

If that was a safety blitz, that was an even worse call than I originally thought.

Interesting observation from PackPride Sports:

The fact some of you are freaking out makes me laugh. Rivers lost in Winston, Wilson lost in Winston, now glennon. Think for one minute. Maybe it is possible that our Progam is equivalent to wake first in talent and coaching. I see a trend, not some fluke let down by a so called bad coach. Wake is just as good in football as us. Accept it. They are also just about as good as everyone else in our conference. And wake will be a very good team this year with that qb they have. He is just like md's qb and can rip you apart.

I bet that poster was crucified in the streets of Raleigh (or at least the internet board equivalent).

Interesting observation from PackPride Sports:

The fact some of you are freaking out makes me laugh. Rivers lost in Winston, Wilson lost in Winston, now glennon. Think for one minute. Maybe it is possible that our Progam is equivalent to wake first in talent and coaching. I see a trend, not some fluke let down by a so called bad coach. Wake is just as good in football as us. Accept it. They are also just about as good as everyone else in our conference. And wake will be a very good team this year with that qb they have. He is just like md's qb and can rip you apart.

He speaks the truth............

BTW, as I watch the NCSU replay on TWC, I am reminded of the time we motioned Harris out of the backfield to go empty and 5 wide ahd hit Camp on the stick route. Ended up being a good play. I would like to see that a couple more times during the BC game.

Call me a homer but I would not be shocked if this team is playing in Miami in january. Bc is a coin flip game. If we get some mo going before fsu and they are wounded and weary after ou and Clemson tussles we have a decent shot at home. 3-0 in division would set us up for a conference championship game run.

The squad is extremely talented. Not without shortcomings, but capable of running with the top teams. The beauty of college football is that so much depends on a couple random bounces in a few key spots. I wouldn't book my Miami hotel yet. But I also wouldn't plan a trip to australia early january either. Go deacs!

Ok, 3-0 and we've proven we are a pretty good football team. Obviously all 5 conference games are important, but if we can knock off an up and down clemson team, orange bowl looks pretty likely. Even if we lose 2 others along the way, clemson would have to run the table. ACCCG in charlotte likely against a gt team that doesnt travel well. We seem to have the run d, the speed and discipline to handle the option. I am still not booking a flight, but I am gonna put Wednesday, January 4 in the calendar not to plan anything else. Get on the deacs bus!

Clemson may still roll us in Death Valley, but I feel better about that game now. Even with Boyd, I think we stand a chance to atleast keep it close.

The loss to Syracuse stings, but remember games don't happen in a vacuum. Winning there and we possibly do not come out focussed against State. At this point, the SU game won't be a reason we miss postseason play.

Special Teams is still an obvious weakness. Kicking, punting, long snapping, coverage. All of them make me very nervous.

It was AJs fault on that. He got burnt. And he knew the blitz we called and should have known the one thing he cant do in that situation is what he did.

Absolutely spot on. Beleive me, he heard about it, and learned from it. IMO played much smarter against FSU.

Ok, 3-0 and we've proven we are a pretty good football team. Obviously all 5 conference games are important, but if we can knock off an up and down clemson team, orange bowl looks pretty likely. Even if we lose 2 others along the way, clemson would have to run the table. ACCCG in charlotte likely against a gt team that doesnt travel well. We seem to have the run d, the speed and discipline to handle the option. I am still not booking a flight, but I am gonna put Wednesday, January 4 in the calendar not to plan anything else. Get on the deacs bus!

A little reality here. I'm not sure I agree that we could lose 2 and Clemson would have to run the table(I guess your asumption is that we beat Clemson). The fact is that if we lose 2 and beat Clemson(if they win out), they're division champs. The Clemson game is the tie-breaker if we end up with even records. We could be 7-0 and they could be 6-1 and if they beat us , again they'er champs. All I'm saying is that the loser of that game would have to have been two games ahead going in to win the division.

It's obviously too early so since the ball is in our court, we'd better lose no more than 1 game going into the game. Makes no difference whether we are 7-0 or 6-1, we beat them we're in, they beat us, they're in.

Back