• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We have guys walking around like Zombies

berneses

Reaction score
http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1615303

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I hate Buzz and will be glad to see him go but we have some guys who have quit (CMM being the main culprit). Devin can be a jerk but I'd admire his effort. You know things are falling apart when you openly criticize your teammates. CMM's lack of effort in the last few weeks doesn't bode well for his future; I was glad Madison got in and played while CMM sat, at least Madison was trying.

ZOMBIE NATION!!!!!!1111!!!!

Devin's effort? You mean grabbing three rebounds and playing matador defense?

Devin needs to quit talking shit and focus on getting better. That's what he needs to do.

And if guys are walking around like zombies, then that's on Buzz, Chill, Rusty, and Jeff Battle. I don't care how badly things are going, pinning the complete desolation of our basketball program on the players is literally stupider than trying to justify how miserable we have been all season long.

This team has quit, but damn y'all need to get the fuck off of shitting on the players for reacting in a pretty reasonable way given this dumpster fire. I'm actually surprised that one of our culture warriors hasn't thrown the prick through a wall yet.

Wake Forest forward Devin Thomas

On Coach [Redacted]: "You guys [the media] are going to write a bunch of BS about coach, but he gets us prepared every game. Every day he gets us prepared, and we can't even go out and play hard for him. I mean it is really sad that it has to be like this. It is probably 30-percent Coach's fault but the other 70-percent is us players."

On the few individuals who "bring it" everyday: "It is safe to say that Coron can say that, because he is one of those three or four guys. I would like to think I am one of those three or four guys. As an athlete in the ACC and as a competitor in the ACC there is no way you can coach competitiveness, toughness, energy and passion."

"I don't even know how to coach that. You should already have that, and that is what's happening right now. That's what Coach is trying to do. He is trying to coach that and he can't. No coach can. I feel bad for Coach, I really do."

Devin feels bad for Coach. That's cute.

I feel bad for him, too. He's in over his head and he's drowning/drowned.

Devin also had 18 points and seemed to be playing hard the whole time he just doesn't play solid fundamental defense. I see one guy who has quit and that is CMM, all the other guys that get significant minutes appear to be trying. I'll be so glad when this Buzzdisaster is over in what 10 days.

In Devin's defense he doesn't realize that our players aren't very good. So when Bz blames them he assumes it's lack of effort.

Devin also had 18 points and seemed to be playing hard the whole time he just doesn't play solid fundamental defense. I see one guy who has quit and that is CMM, all the other guys that get significant minutes appear to be trying. I'll be so glad when this Buzzdisaster is over in what 10 days.

You can have your excuses (see bold), but good effort means playing hard on both ends of the floor. If Devin put an ounce of effort into the defensive end, then we'd be a much better team for it. That's the point.

Codi disappeared for one game. Devin has disappeared for at least five and taken himself out of one because of his own stupidity.

The only reason that we have 15 wins is because Codi didn't quit in those 15 games.

I guess Dan disagrees with Devin, too:

But what is becoming increasingly evident with every passsing debacle that [Redacted] is not the man to lift a young, developing team out of the doldrums into the first division of the ACC. To do so takes a wherewithal, a force of personality I haven't seen in his almost four seasons as the Deacons head coach.

So as much as I like Devin Thomas, and admire his willingness to speak his mind, I don't agree with him in this instance. Coaches can get a team from the practice court to the game ready to play. I know they can because I've seen coaches do it. Sure it's on the players, but it's also the coach's responsibility to the their mindset right.

And on that score, [Redacted] once again failed today and the Deacons tumbled to 15-14 overall and 5-11 in ACC play.

not playing fundamental defense involves coaching which he isn't getting from this staff. Codi was fine until about 5 games ago, his effort has dropped off noticeably. Dre clearly has no competitive spirit and I hope he hits the road. I've been on bad teams before and nothing irks you more than when your teammates aren't trying even if you are losing. In defense of CMM, maybe it's because his shot is so awful that he has lost all confidence in his abilities.

"That’s a point, to keep the ball out of the lane. We can’t do that for some reason. (BC scored on) twenty-five of their 30 possessions in the second half. That’s some stuff you see in a high school girls’ game. That’s why we got beat.''

Never seen a girls high school team score on 25/30 possessions. (Paging Reff.) Maybe Devin meant we are playing like girls.

not playing fundamental defense involves coaching which he isn't getting from this staff. Codi was fine until about 5 games ago, his effort has dropped off noticeably. Dre clearly has no competitive spirit and I hope he hits the road. I've been on bad teams before and nothing irks you more than when your teammates aren't trying even if you are losing. In defense of CMM, maybe it's because his shot is so awful that he has lost all confidence in his abilities.

Or maybe it's because he hurt his ankle a month ago and he's no longer capable of doing everything for us?

Also, there are plenty of guys who play solid D and have nothing in the way of fundamentals (see: Rountree, Aaron).

The bigger problem here is the fact that the usual suspects are latching onto Devin's comments rather than confronting the reality of the situation. These aren't bad kids. Or quitters. Maybe there never were bad kids before, either. They're just responding to the absolute lack of leadership on our staff. It's painfully obvious. Perhaps moreso than the improvement cited by so many in December.

no need to defend Buzz as I am glad he will be gone in 10 days but CMM has said his ankle is fine, he just isn't trying that hard. It's obvious when you watch him play. let's hope both Devin and CMM grow up next year with a new coach.

In his first game back from the ankle injury against State, Codi scored 15 points. The ankle excuse 2 1/2 weeks later is really, really weak. He's just not playing well right now.

In his first game back from the ankle injury against State, Codi scored 15 points. The ankle excuse 2 1/2 weeks later is really, really weak. He's just not playing well right now.

That's fine (and you're right), but I'm just sick of folks knocking the players. It's bullshit.

Devin's had at least five games this season worse than Codi played today.

Devin is quickly becoming my least liked deacon. Can't stand him.

Back