• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We need a little Northwestern game noise

Why does mcclinton play? Why does wilbekin get anything but spot minutes? WHY THE FUCK DIDNT WE FOUL?

Because we only have two legit post players and if Moore is playing poorly, McClinton is the only option.

Crawford, Childress, and Wilkebin went 6-25 from the field.

Edit: Manning's shit rotations made me forget about SJM.

Northwestern was getting looks the entire game, our defense absolutely sucks. Five guys chasing their tails. Put Moore in the lane and leave him there. No chasing outside. If their center hits 3 s congrats. I hate our high post defense.

I'm not nearly as frustrated by that game as most of you seem to be. True road game against a 20 win team trying to bounce back from a tough loss. Terrible performance from Crawford. Collins hurt. Poor shooting from everyone.

Just a bad, throwaway game. Hopefully we bounce back @ Richmond on Saturday.

In a vacuum, yes. But we make silly mistakes that take us out of games when we were better talent-wise. Bad teams beat themselves and we imploded in the second-half. I have little confidence we will be beat decent ACC teams. Sad!

Last edited:
The thing that kills me is that if our small lineup is getting blown by all night, why not go with a big lineup and pound it inside all night? SJM and Moore couldn't have done any worse on those blow bys than the folks on the floor. At least they could have protected the rim. I am so discouraged by the substitution patterns that Manning continues to have.

It would have been nice to throw some zone at them when they were so cold from outside.

I have seen no evidence of any player development at Wake, let alone big men. Moore has made absolutely no progress. He looks lost very time he plays and has no idea how to play defense

Wait... what? Collins hasn't developed as a player? Extremely hot takes being thrown around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Manning's fault our guards played like absolute shit tonight and we shot 31%, 24% from three? News to me. Some of you are either not bright or let your emotions get to you WAY too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Manning's fault that he left guards playing like shit on the court regardless of their poor decisions.
Yes.

Would you disagree with that, Captain Fanatic?

Who cares if we are close at the end? We don't win close games ever. We win by getting 20 point leads and hanging on for dear life.

The thing that kills me is that if our small lineup is getting blown by all night, why not go with a big lineup and pound it inside all night? SJM and Moore couldn't have done any worse on those blow bys than the folks on the floor. At least they could have protected the rim. I am so discouraged by the substitution patterns that Manning continues to have.

Agree with this post.

Their entire offense revolved around a 6'2" dude, and we could come close to stopping him. Just brutal.

We gave up way too many offensive rebounds and the turnovers are inexcusable.

Absolutely. Our d looks like a confused square dance. I would plant Moore in the lane. Guard the three guard the hoop, give up as many jump shots inside the line as they want. We chase the entire possession. This is coaching. I hate it.

Northwestern was getting looks the entire game, our defense absolutely sucks. Five guys chasing their tails. Put Moore in the lane and leave him there. No chasing outside. If their center hits 3 s congrats. I hate our high post defense.

Please do this.

not ready for prime time yet

This is why you don't give an inexperienced coach a rebuilding project. It was, and still is, a derelict of duty from Ron Wellman.
He should be ashamed of himself for how horribly he has handled this flagship athletic program the past 10 years.

I can't believe how lost we looked on defense and how utterly disorganized we looked on offense.

We have the talent to play much better basketball than this.

Such a horrible offensive performance. Terrible shot selection, lazy turnovers, and long stretches where Collins didn't even touch the ball. Much of that falls on miserable PG play tonight, but others were to blame as well. Way too much of guys trying to do things on their own and not nearly enough ball movement.

They were playing in our guards'/shooters' shirts. It's why Collins was able to dominate down low, bc they chose not to double. In that case, we can either live and die by Collins, or we need a lot more off the ball movement. We had nothing going off of the dribble. I still say, as aggressive as they were playing out on our guys, on and off the ball, i would have really liked to have seen some more backdoor cuts.

Back