• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We offer a class on "Three's Company"?

They showed that class on sitcoms and then harped on about $50,000 cost. WFU looked really bad on that sequence, like a place for rich stupid people.

$63K, to be exact.....def not a good moment for us.

There are joke classes in every school. Wake just has fewer of them and they are isolated in one or two departments

You know, it's funny how some of our folks think everything at MSD is so academically legit, and nobody else, especially the UNC's, FSU's and Clemson's don't. The real truth is that sadly, most liberal arts universities in America have what is supposed to be a modern progressive point of view. But the truth is they all have these junk classes. My older son, who is a UNC grad took a course in the history of Rock and Roll, at Wake, I took history of Christianity where the prof read his ancient class notes aloud EVERY day, and a Psych class that we weren't required to go attend class for.

My son who went to Clemson though, had primarily biology, chemistry, health science and pysch courses for a double major in Psych and health, got into MUSC ( Medical Univ. of SC) and now has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. My point is, most of these schools have legit classes for legit students, and sham classes for the others. .....BTW, my older son managed to take advantage of the first rate career assistance at UNC and has a fabulous business career. But what I'm saying is good students can make it happen anywhere, not just WFU.

You know, it's funny how some of our folks think everything at MSD is so academically legit, and nobody else, especially the UNC's, FSU's and Clemson's don't. The real truth is that sadly, most liberal arts universities in America have what is supposed to be a modern progressive point of view. But the truth is they all have these junk classes. My older son, who is a UNC grad took a course in the history of Rock and Roll, at Wake, I took history of Christianity where the prof read his ancient class notes aloud EVERY day, and a Psych class that we weren't required to go attend class for.

My son who went to Clemson though, had primarily biology, chemistry, health science and pysch courses for a double major in Psych and health, got into MUSC ( Medical Univ. of SC) and now has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. My point is, most of these schools have legit classes for legit students, and sham classes for the others. .....BTW, my older son managed to take advantage of the first rate career assistance at UNC and has a fabulous business career. But what I'm saying is good students can make it happen anywhere, not just WFU.

This isn't a sham class, it's a first-year seminar where you do a study on a specific interesting topic and helps acclimate you to a different style of learning in college.

This isn't a sham class, it's a first-year seminar where you do a study on a specific interesting topic and helps acclimate you to a different style of learning in college.

In the mid-70s, Wake had a 4-1-4 set-up. In the fall and in the spring, you took four courses. In January, you took a five day a week class in a subject not offered. They went from making a short film to studying a certain aspect of science or even Baroque literature/art/music or independent study.

It amazes me that people don't understand what a sham class is.

In the mid-70s, Wake had a 4-1-4 set-up. In the fall and in the spring, you took four courses. In January, you took a five day a week class in a subject not offered. They went from making a short film to studying a certain aspect of science or even Baroque literature/art/music or independent study.

J-terms were not at all unusual in the 80s and 90s. They are a bit less common now, but not rare. I can think of several schools that still teach them.

Back