• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 1 Stats

I know Presby is ungood, but when you look at what some of the other FCS schools did to some FBS schools, our defense did play really well. However, pass rush and the ability to give up that long run worry me after the Presby game.

The defense may be pretty good. Will it be enough without a good offense and especially reliable special teams.

The defense may be pretty good. Will it be enough without a good offense and especially reliable special teams.

The defense has got to get help from the offense this year. Even with the offense struggling a bit against Presby, we still possessed the ball for 38+ minutes which helps a defense a ton. When we face good competition, if we keep going 3 and out and throwing the defense back out there, it will be very hard for them to hold up.

Hosint Presby does not tell you very much- some FCS and FBS teams are very different- we did get the W, get to line up and check ourselves against an opponent- and see where people are. Now we get to pay a bad BC team and see where we stack up on the road against the easiest/arguably easiest ACC team we will play this year. We are fortunate to start out "easy" through the first 4 games- the downside of that is needing to win all 4. Slip up anywhere and the degree of difficulty in breaking even get much more problematical.

Our defensive stats make our offensive perfomance look even more dismal. With that defense performance we should have scored at least 50.

Our defensive stats make our offensive perfomance look even more dismal. With that defense performance we should have scored at least 50.

It really does. If you would've told me against Presby, we'd get 6 turnovers and only give up 2 first downs, but we'd score less than 50 I wouldn't have believed it.

In 2010, our defense (#110 in the nation) allowed 18 first downs and got one interception. We still scored 53 points.

Our offense is poor, period. I don't think it is a matter of having players out; rather, it is our scheme and execution. The inability to run the ball down Presbyterian's throat tells us that this is not going to be a happy season.

Come on team prove me wrong!

Our offense is poor, period. I don't think it is a matter of having players out; rather, it is our scheme and execution. The inability to run the ball down Presbyterian's throat tells us that this is not going to be a happy season.

Come on team prove me wrong!

The 2010 team had 415 yards rushing and 94 yards passing on 10-24. Price was 1-7 as the backup to Stachitas.

There's no question the problem with the offense is the scheme. It has been for quite some time and it continues to be. Lobo is terrible.

Back