• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Billboards are up!

I like #6's content, except that the formatting seems off. For the subtext, choose to center all of it or justify left all of it.

Thank you. Looks better. Updated in 1st post (8)

Welcome
Clawson & Manning
Go Deacs

All centered with the coaches names the largest.

Everyone knows they are coaches. No reason to clutter the board.

Get rid of coach in 9 and that would be good.

Just using their last names seems off. If you want it less crowded, then say "coaches clawson and manning" rather than "coach clawson and coach manning".

I think the #theaWAKEning hashtag is kinda dumb. It just looks weird. Nothing against the #ClawsIn or #ManUp hashtags though. And considering the widespread use of #BuzzOut, I think it's kind of important to keep those somehow. Time to change the mood to optimistic. My proposal...

Welcome to Wake Forest
Coaches Clawson and Manning (or Coach Clawson and Coach Manning-- whatever looks better)
#ClawIn #ManUp

The first two lines would be centered and the hashtags toward the lower left and lower right corners.

and then throw naked Ron Wellman on a wrecking ball in the upper right hand corner.

OK, maybe not the naked Ron Wellman, but a Deacon head logo in the middle of the sign would be nice. The university isn't going to get ticked off if we use the logo for something they agree with.

Font is in the eye of the beholder but that font is not super readable at highway speed. Try Optima, news gothic, or Franklin gothic. Solely my opinion, maybe ask the billboard company for their opinion.

If they say comic sans serif, don't.

Welcome
Clawson & Manning
Go Deacs

All centered with the coaches names the largest.

Everyone knows they are coaches. No reason to clutter the board.

updated (10)

The thought is literally what counts in this so whatever you choose is good. I just think in these ads less is always more. Remove as many unnecessary words as possible (and flow charts or graphs).

I think that if we do it then we should also try to help what the coaches are trying to latch on to. In this case #theaWAKEning is what Coach Clawson is using to market to recruits.

That could actually be tangibly beneficial to them and he would appreciate it.

I think that if we do it then we should also try to help what the coaches are trying to latch on to. In this case #theaWAKEning is what Coach Clawson is using to market to recruits.

Substitute awakening for the go Deacs on 10?

Agreed, as long as he hasn't trademarked it (lol)

Back