• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Absolutely need to be working on shoring up commits for next fall. Jaboree Williams making an official visit as I write this to Syracuse!

I think that it has happened before that a coach has been hired by a new school, went there and worked for a short time, recruiting, getting a staff hired etc., and then went back to his old school to coach one final bowl game. I would think that would be a little awkward, but a coach who liked his current players might want to do it. Might be doubly awkward (and might not happen) if the first school also has hired its new coach.

The fact that no one has come out with the Bobby Lutz statement is probably an indication that interviewing and/or negotiating is still ongoing. Wake wants to get as good a coach as possible for the least necessary amount of money. The next coach at Wake wants as good a deal for himself, and his new staff in terms of what is important to him, be it facilities improvements, recruiting budget, "academic exceptions" or anything else. I'm sure Wellman has a dollar range for the new coach. I'm sure any coach out there who has a good job has a minimum requirement for even considering a move. That minimum may be different for different new places. Lots of things to negotiate, so it isn't surprising that it isn't a done deal as yet.

Interesting tidbit...I just went on to ESPN.com to see if there are any players from Ball State in the NFL. None active. I find that odd...

Interesting tidbit...I just went on to ESPN.com to see if there are any players from Ball State in the NFL. None active. I find that odd...

What happened to that really good quarterback that had awhile back?

What happened to that really good quarterback that had awhile back?

Nate Davis. He washed out of the 49ers thanks partially to him not working his ass off and Mike Singletary being a fucking psycho. We still have three or four guys on practice squads, and believe it or not, a couple offensive linemen. Also a safety (Sean Baker) had a cup of coffee with the Buccaneers. We'll have one next year in Keith Wenning for sure.

GUYS

Word on the street is that Lembo is a huge COOKOUT fan (the fast food place, not the moderator) and would accept 50% off shakes for life in place of the $300k Wellman is trying to short change him on

Nate Davis. He washed out of the 49ers thanks partially to him not working his ass off and Mike Singletary being a fucking psycho. We still have three or four guys on practice squads, and believe it or not, a couple offensive linemen. Also a safety (Sean Baker) had a cup of coffee with the Buccaneers. We'll have one next year in Keith Wenning for sure.

I wanna say that Jason Whitlock compared Davis to Tom Brady once. Can't remember the context.

do ball state fans like jason whitlock? seems like they shit on him a bit

I actually kind of like Whitlock though I've got a pretty high disagreement rate. He's at least interesting.

GUYS

Word on the street is that Lembo is a huge COOKOUT fan (the fast food place, not the moderator) and would accept 50% off shakes for life in place of the $300k Wellman is trying to short change him on

why can't he be a fan of both?

but yeah, lowercase c please when referring to me. capital for the fast food empire.

New podcast up on the site and itunes in case you want to kill some time and get your fill of the Lembo love through your ear holes.

do ball state fans like jason whitlock? seems like they shit on him a bit

When Brady Hoke left, JW said some things and treated some established loyal fans like shit. He also threatened to sue our blog. And blocked us on Twitter. I don't have a link handy on my phone but if you search SuperWhitlock Explains the Universe, you'll get to it. He despises me and the site. And apparently sarcasm.

seems like a cool dude

jason-whitlock.jpg

jason_whitlock_3(3).jpg

original.jpg

whitlockandbunny.jpg

When Brady Hoke left, JW said some things and treated some established loyal fans like shit. He also threatened to sue our blog. And blocked us on Twitter. I don't have a link handy on my phone but if you search SuperWhitlock Explains the Universe, you'll get to it. He despises me and the site. And apparently sarcasm.

Oh yeah! I remembered he threatened to sue a site but I didn't know that was you guys. Awesome.

Back