• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

What specific facilities did he have issue with? We are currently raising funds for a new strength and conditioning facility and a new locker room.

It was just general things about the program that CPL has championed here. Facilities, player development, community involvement. I obviously wasn't there because I'm not Pete (or am I?) but people I trust have said the response to general plans and suggestions wasn't as positive as it should have been while you are allegedly being recruited to come coach there. If you're going to lowball a salary at least invest in the program. If Pete wanted a program that was going to do both, he has it already and can spare his kids a move.

If Wellman doesn't like guys with egos who get shit done, then maybe he won't like CPL. Personally, I would want the baby and wouldn't give a fuck about the labor pains.

Mr. Wellman likes good soldiers . . . so?

It was just general things about the program that CPL has championed here. Facilities, player development, community involvement. I obviously wasn't there because I'm not Pete (or am I?) but people I trust have said the response to general plans and suggestions wasn't as positive as it should have been while you are allegedly being recruited to come coach there. If you're going to lowball a salary at least invest in the program. If Pete wanted a program that was going to do both, he has it already and can spare his kids a move.

If Wellman doesn't like guys with egos who get shit done, then maybe he won't like CPL. Personally, I would want the baby and wouldn't give a fuck about the labor pains.

Given all this, would you be very surprised at this point if Wake lands Lembo?

Turd, I don't think that Clawson is as bad as [Redacted]. That's hyperbole.

No, any hire Wellman ever makes the rest of his career will have to be better than [Redacted] by default. I suppose I was thinking more about how Wellman is a pussy and went out there and hired someone on the cheap with a mediocre record, who won't ever push back, and has connections to Wellman's past. Same shit, different hire.

If you guys want to see what Pete's about, look up what he's done with summer jobs, career speakers, weight room improvements, new facility upgrades and all at a MAC school. Dude is not an offensive or defensive savant. That's what his coordinators are for. He's the CEO of a program.

Ditto at his time at Elon. It is what he is all about. And it is why he needs to be the guy for Wake. If not he very well might end up at another ACC school and Wake will regret it.

Oh I'd say you sure worry a little.

Meh, I am not getting all bent out of shape by all the rounds of speculation. My concerns now are the same they were 2 days ago. If we are using Ron's track record to honestly evaluate this search, most of the "insider leaks" are going to prove to be just speculation or smoke. He has always played these close to the vest (for better or worse). It is possible that has changed if Ron has lost some of the respect he had prior within the AD.
I am less worried about Ron not successfully negotiating with Lembo, and more interested in whether there is a secret candidate we don't realize he covets as a primary target.

You can put a lot of stuff in those indoor practice facilities. i toured one (admittedly a SEC one) and it was AWESOME

Get ready for it. Here we go again.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2010/04/wellman-and-[Redacted].jpg

If we end up with a football version of Buzz, I will seriously consider just dropping any and all interest I have in WFU athletics. I don't think I can handle both football and basketball being hopeless.

Given all this, would you be very surprised at this point if Wake lands Lembo?

I think with our new AD who is excited, supportive, complimentary, etc it may very well be about just feel. Sometimes having complete control of a small kingdom is better than servitude in a larger one. At this point I'd put it 50-50. The draws are the weather and the ego of an AQ conference. The downside is because of that ego he won't just jump to jump. Gotta be a good situation with a committed AD to making it possible to be a champion. Like I said, he will be winning the MAC year after year soon enough. Why set yourself up because of administrative constraints to be an also-ran in the ACC. That's not a long term job. That's a bounce when someone else offers those institutional priorities.

Last edited:
Dammit, stop posting that picture of those 2 jabronis...I'm getting ready to puke!.....:eek:

Back