• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Hard to argue with that, OTP.

Something tells me this type of crap is how we got Bz. Wellman probably went to Stevens, Tubby, and whoever and asked them if they'd keep the assistants and they told him to GTFO.

I think with our new AD who is excited, supportive, complimentary, etc it' may very we'll be about just feel. Sometimes having complete control of a small kingdom is better than servitude in a larger one. At this point I'd put it 50-50. The draws are the weather and the ego of an AQ conference. The downside is because of that ego he won't just jump to jump. Gotta be a good situation with a committed AD to making it possible to be a champion. Like I said, he will be winning the MAC year after year soon enough. Why set yourself up because of administrative constraints to be an also-ran in the ACC. That's not a long term job. That's a bounce when someone else offers those institutional priorities.

So we are going to settle for the champion of the MAC rather than betting the farm on a guy who COULD be the future champion of the MAC. Oh the horror!

*i still like Lembo better, but the Clawson haterade seems funny when he just won Lembo's conference.

I think with our new AD who is excited, supportive, complimentary, etc it' may very we'll be about just feel. Sometimes having complete control of a small kingdom is better than servitude in a larger one. At this point I'd put it 50-50. The draws are the weather and the ego of an AQ conference. The downside is because of that ego he won't just jump to jump. Gotta be a good situation with a committed AD to making it possible to be a champion. Like I said, he will be winning the MAC year after year soon enough. Why set yourself up because of administrative constraints to be an also-ran in the ACC. That's not a long term job. That's a bounce when someone else offers those institutional priorities.
Sooo, no.

If you guys want to see what Pete's about, look up what he's done with summer jobs, career speakers, weight room improvements, new facility upgrades and all at a MAC school. Dude is not an offensive or defensive savant. That's what his coordinators are for. He's the CEO of a program.

Nick Saban has shown that this philosophy works, and works well. Not saying Pete Lembo is Saban, but if he's someone will come in and demand accountability and results, I'm in.

If you guys want to see what Pete's about, look up what he's done with summer jobs, career speakers, weight room improvements, new facility upgrades and all at a MAC school. Dude is not an offensive or defensive savant. That's what his coordinators are for. He's the CEO of a program.

I've seen his coordinators names mentioned as candidates for other jobs like Elon. If Lembo isn't an offensive savant himself, how replaceable is his offensive coordinator if he gets hired as a head coach somewhere?

I've seen his coordinators names mentioned as candidates for other jobs like Elon. If Lembo isn't an offensive savant himself, how replaceable is his offensive coordinator if he gets hired as a head coach somewhere?

A good CEO replaces talent with even better talent.

So we are going to settle for the champion of the MAC rather than betting the farm on a guy who COULD be the future champion of the MAC. Oh the horror!

*i still like Lembo better, but the Clawson haterade seems funny when he just won Lembo's conference.

The East and the West in the MAC isn't the same thing. Beating one team with the pressure of the BCS and a heisman doesn't a better coach make. Last I checked, the ACC was full of teams better than paper tigers like NIU.

As has been mentioned earlier. Skrosky has no desire to be a HC. He just wants to be an OC and is Pete's guy. He will go where Pete goes. Bateman (DC) is more likely to get a shot at being a HC.

The East and the West in the MAC isn't the same thing. Beating one team with the pressure of the BCS and a heisman doesn't a better coach make. Last I checked, the ACC was full of teams better than paper tigers like NIU.

Last I checked, those paper tigers bit BSU by 3 TDs.

Wellman has a chance to win back approval of the fan base with this hire (still could with Clawson). But Lembo is the candidate with fewer question marks and Wellman can't get out of his own damn way.

Back