• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Kyle Rowland ‏@KyleRowland 2m
Ohio State assistants will almost certainly be targeted. RT @schadjoe: As many others also reporting, BGSU's Dave Clawson to Wake Forest

It would be funny if the guys you are interviewing saw this and knew it was you. Then they'd all be wondering if they were the asshole.

Yeah. But not very likely. The only one who might (and that's an infinitesimally small chance) would ask me about it.

I sure hope it is a clean sweep.

There are still some good coaches who were on Grobe's staff. Elrod is a Wake guy who quickly comes to mind.

ETA: And I'm usually not one for all of the "keeping it in the family" crap.

I don't know about this particular situation but tomorrow I am interviewing 3 people for a job. Only 2 of them are realistic candidates. The 3rd is more of a courtesy to a guy who has a long involvement with the organization but has no chance to be hired.

And his "long involvement to WF" is what?......;)

Sorry just makes RW look more of an clown than he already is....thank God he wasn't serious!

Kyle Rowland ‏@KyleRowland 2m
Ohio State assistants will almost certainly be targeted. RT @schadjoe: As many others also reporting, BGSU's Dave Clawson to Wake Forest

i hope so

So Wellman had a list of Clawson, Lembo, Narduzzi, Herman and Jeff Quinn?

Does he just draw that 5th name out of a hat?

Maybe was just in the area during his Tour de Midwest, during which he apparently was locked into finding a coach

And his "long involvement to WF" is what?......;)

Sorry just makes RW look more of an clown than he already is....thank God he wasn't serious!

I have no idea. And I don't know if that is what happened here. I was just making the point that sometimes people are interviewed who have no chance of being hired.

Wellman loves hiring coaches based on one game. Hell, [Redacted] got an ACC job because his AFA beat Wake.

I was just perusing the Bowling Green athletics website, and he has an OC and DC that have been in those positions since he was hired at BGSU.

We should assume then that he is bringing his staff unless one is hired as his replacement. If that happens others might choose to stay at BG. At any rate, they can't get on the recruiting trail until after their bowl game. We are going to be hurting on the recruiting front.

Back