• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Clawson is a Buffalo, NY (Youngstown) guy. Maybe he talked with Quinn just to get inside the neighborhood info on Clawson. Gotta believe he's a Bills fan, BTW. OK, I'm in.

I'm sure OTP can chime in, but Lembo should probably just stay put another year and pwn and then take a bigger job when they open next year (and watch it be UVA).

Wikipedia entry for Clawson. Made me laugh.

Clawson describes his coaching style as one that utilizes the available talent to maximize success. His philosophy focuses on getting individual playmakers more touches rather than sticking to a rigidly-defined system

So the option would have been out this year, I guess.

I hope I'm wrong but I think in 4 years the narrative will be "fucking wellman hired this guy from his alma mater based off of one win in a goddamn MAC championship game"

Lembo just made too much sense

If this sentiment is reflective of the consensus at BG, it speaks well of his relations there at least:

Well if Clawson is in fact heading to WF, no hard feelings here. It stinks, he's an amazing head coach and has done wonders here, but he has proven he is among the top coaches in the country and the coaching staff he has assembled here is among the top in the country. When I first got word he was the guy, I was incredibly excited about the hire and for good reason. The awful 2010 season did not bother me as I saw a bad season looming, but seeing 2, perhaps 3 straight 3 game turnarounds is something you don't see everyday. If he is in fact gone, he leaves the program in outstanding shape and somebody can take the reigns and run with it.

I have a list of guys who I'd like to see as candidates, but I'm going to withhold them until we know for sure he is coaching elsewhere. As of right now and as of until he is introduced elsewhere, Dave Clawson is the head coach of Bowling Green football. Regardless of any circumstances, Clawson has done incredible work for this university and we all owe him our gratitude.

Roll along!

From the BG message board.

So who is going to be rocking these at games next year?

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/toy-blasters-foam-play/nerf-wolverine-foam-claw-a3325-19038016

pTRU1-15103791enh-z6.jpg

I think Clawson is a good coach but as Wellman mentions every 5 seconds, Wake is a unique place. We need the Prossers and Lembos of the world. We need coaches who can sell the school and inspire the fanbase. We can't afford anything else.

Something that I do like about Clawson is that he has experienced a huge fuck-up (season as OC with UT) and has dealt with some losing season (before turning it around of course). Lembo has only had 1 losing season ever. Getting the guy who has dealt with setbacks is a good thing.

#ClawsIn

Back