• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

I hope I'm wrong but I think in 4 years the narrative will be "fucking wellman hired this guy from his alma mater based off of one win in a goddamn MAC championship game"

Lembo just made too much sense

Clawson was named coach of the year in three different conferences (CAA, A-10 and Patriot League) and won National Coach of the Year at two different schools. That's ignoring the fact that he just won the MAC.

The guy has a great resume much more than one game.

Clawson comes to Wake with a better resume than Grobe had before he got here. Better win percentage, more trophies, more awards.

I wanted Lembo, but I think Clawson is a good hire. He will have his work cut out for him, but if the university allows him to do the things that are necessary to win then we are going to have some good seasons ahead.

"While at Kansas State he developed Josh Freeman into a first round draft pick and current starter of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "

sorry ph i know you laid a good foundation but you're now officially ClawsIn and you can't do shit about it

lol

I checked out Bowling Green's football commitments. Not impressed. Mostly two stars.

I think what he did with those recruits speaks more than stars. If you are a 4-5 star guy are you choosing bowling green over Big10 school, Tennessee, etc? Of course he's not going to have 4-5 star guys. I'd be shocked to see more than a handful on any MAC team.

Clawson comes to Wake with a better resume than Grobe had before he got here. Better win percentage, more trophies, more awards.

I wanted Lembo, but I think Clawson is a good hire. He will have his work cut out for him, but if the university allows him to do the things that are necessary to win then we are going to have some good seasons ahead.

Debatable. Ohio was a dumpster fire of a program before Grobe got there.

I checked out Bowling Green's football commitments. Not impressed. Mostly two stars.

Ball State is even with Wake on Rivals and Bowling Green is several spots below. Neither were killing it. I hope "The Claw" can inject some excitement over the last two months.

Don't think anybody's posted this clip yet:

Wellman's freaking problem is he thinks he needs to be best buds with all his damn hires. Fuck you Wellman, this is an athletic dept., not your goddamned bowling team.

I think what he did with those recruits speaks more than stars. If you are a 4-5 star guy are you choosing bowling green over Big10 school, Tennessee, etc? Of course he's not going to have 4-5 star guys. I'd be shocked to see more than a handful on any MAC team.
Right. There is a reason coaches don't stay in the MAC. It is not and never will be a conference that attracts 4-5 star talent.

We can worry about recruiting once Clawson gets here and starts going after players. If he can't get some talent to come to Wake, then we will have a problem.

7462138-256-k684583.jpg

Clawson's resume is very comparable to Lembo. This is a very solid hire. Built a winner from a terrible program at Fordham. Built a national championship program from a terrible program at Richmond. Built a MAC champion at BGSU.

"Yeah, man just kinda... you know, you got these CLAWS and you're staring at these CLAWS and your thinking to yourself, and with these CLAWS you're thinking, 'How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?'"

I agree that it is a good indication of player development but we are not even talking about 4 or 5 star recruits, which by the way there were absolutely zero 4 or 5 star recruits going back through the 2011 class. There were also barely any 3 star recruits in most of his classes.

Player development looks like it has potential. Let's just hope that Clawson can up his recruiting some more now that he is in the ACC. We need mostly 3 star player with fingers crossed an occasional 4 star player.

Anyway, I check out Bowling Green's commitments to see if there was anyone exciting that we could hope that Coach Clawson brings with him to Wake...

Back