• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

You have a one inch penis. So we should good to win with one star rejects? Go fuck yourself. We Have lost with 2-3 star players and will always lose with them. One fluke isn't shit. Have fun sucking on Wellmans sweaty flaky Grundle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

You do know who you're talking to, right?

My point was, I don't think you can tell anything by how he recruited at bowling green. Winning a Mac championship with those players says a lot.

Of course he will need to recruit better at wake forest. But I also understand we don't have 4-5 star recruits either. And for what it's worth I don't give much weight to stars anyway. Win with players you recruit for your system. Winning games will mean he's a good recruiter. Not finding guys with 3 stars by their name.

I totally understand what you are saying and you don't expect a Mac school to be pulling 4 or 5 star players but it would be nice to see him have more recruiting success with the 3 star players. Player development looks promising but with who Wake is competing with in the ACC we need to upgrade our recruiting and on average the more highly rated recruits typically perform better.

I'm not looking for someone to continue Grobe's model...this is an opportunity for someone to step in and move Wake Forest football forward.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Clawson does with wrapping up Wake's 2013 recruiting.

Dude what's wrong with you?

Maybe the secret to a big 1st leg is a small 3rd one. Although I have seen a pic of the dude's wife, so MAC's assertion is likely not true.

You have a one inch penis. So we should good to win with one star rejects? Go fuck yourself. We Have lost with 2-3 star players and will always lose with them. One fluke isn't shit. Have fun sucking on Wellmans sweaty flaky Grundle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I think MACdeac was one of the guys Clawson had to run off when he took the BG job. That move was the key to improving their GPA.

Does it say he had the more experienced 2* recruits or that he's a great coach? That's the question.

And read the article. Clausen doesn't have a system. He brings in talent and builds around it. That places talent evaluation at a premium.

I think you said. Win or gtfo. I don't care what star recruits he recruits. Just win with those recruits.

And id agree talent evaluation is most important thing. Not recruiting star evaluation.

I think you said. Win or gtfo. I don't care what star recruits he recruits. Just win with those recruits.

And id agree talent evaluation is most important thing. Not recruiting star evaluation.

They are strongly related. Star evaluation are primarily based on talent evaluation from a broad array of coaches and experts. You can't expect to win consistently with players that other coaches don't think can do the job. Sure there are a few stories here and there, but 4* and 5* players have a much stronger track record of success than lower rated players.

Anybody want to get a MACDeac vs. siff argument going?

So? MAC is way wrong here, just out of principle. It doesn't matter who SDeacz is (and yes, I know who he is). He is just another poster here.

Oh I know, I was more talking about the tone and insults...

This is probably mentioned in the previous 150 pages but I refuse to check.

Clawson walked into a terrible academic situation at BG. They ended up losing 8 scholarships. He turned that completely around.

This is why I like him and am starting to like him more than Lembo.

The thing people need to realize about Lembo is that his best years at Elon he had the SoCon's all time leading receiver (not sure if the record still stands) who now plays for the Ravens and Hudgins (another top historical SoCon WR), who signed with the Cowboys. Scott Riddle, the QB for Lembo, is Elon's all time passing leader. I am sure his coaching helped, but having that kind of talent at Elon is a rare thing and none of these guys were players he recruited and he left at the end of their careers.

This year a BSU according to this depth chart http://ballstatesports.com/downloads2/695002.pdf Lembo's team this year started 10 seniors or juniors on offense and all 11 starters on defense fit that bill- none of which were recruiting by Lembo who was only in his third year. The only other starter was a sophomore, so all 22 were players he didn't recruit. Obviously the guy can coach and I think will do well, but he has never stayed anywhere long enough to make me believe he can built a program up- just that he can win with other coaches players. This would be fine and dandy if we currently had players and weren't in rebuilding mode. I just don't see the track record to make me feel confident he would have been the guy to right the ship.

Back