• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Isn't winning the MAC Championship game a postseason win?

Not to mention the some of the playoff victories he had at the lower division schools, I think he was 4-3 in those games from a quick glance?

Man, this MAC guy seems to be HAMMERED right now. I respect that, especially since it's a Monday.

Not to mention the some of the playoff victories he had at the lower division schools, I think he was 4-3 in those games from a quick glance?

Presser is at 4:30 tomorrow in Deacon Tower

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Man, this MAC guy seems to be HAMMERED right now. I respect that, especially since it's a Monday.

Maybe a Cowboys fan? This game has made me drink the beers a little quicker. I've resisted the Scotch, only because I realize that our season is at best a first round home loss.

Haha fair point. I remember sending out recruiting videos on VHS.

Exactly. Got us guys like you and MacPherson. Go back over recruiting and remember this date: February 14, 2005, the day YouTube went online. Compare recruiting before and after. Our last three pre-YouTube recruits were John Russell, Riley Skinner, and Boo Robinson. Every key player on the 2006-08 teams was recruited before the YouTube era.

YouTube went live on Valentine's Day? I did not know that. How funny.

Congrats on getting yourselves a new head coach folks. Clawson will be fine down there. Obviously I was personally vested in CPL and think he would have been perfect and successful but the Clawfense is capable of the same. I still stand by what we have reported and put out there. Neither side will probably have another comment on it but what we said happened, happened.

Really enjoyed and appreciated your insight, OTP. Thanks for everything.

I may be an outlier but I was leaning clawson over lembo. Watching him on the sidelines against northern Illinois had me thinking there was no way we could land him.

Exactly. Got us guys like you and MacPherson. Go back over recruiting and remember this date: February 14, 2005, the day YouTube went online. Compare recruiting before and after. Our last three pre-YouTube recruits were John Russell, Riley Skinner, and Boo Robinson. Every key player on the 2006-08 teams was recruited before the YouTube era.

That's hard to believe. Harder to hide recruits now.

OTP is still gonna stick around and kick it w/ us. Mehbe we can still convince him to start a WFU blog.

Welcome, Coach.

I didn't see the MAC championship game, so Dec. 26 @ 6:30pm will be Must-See TV. Even though it won't be him coaching, I'll be curious to see how one of his teams executes. Interesting that it's against Pitt. Too bad we didn't play them this year, as it would have been a nice basis for comparison.

For the next several years, I'll be watching Lembo with interest. It would help to find the answer to one of Wake's what-ifs.

#ClawsIn

MondayFunday Bitch and under the Wellman regime I'm sure cba wins and inevitable socom championships will make most of you happy. Just had higher hopes for a program that was able to spend over two million a year for a football coach to have a terrible winning percentage. Wish Grobe was back vs another start over with a mediocre coach.

Hey guys, I'm sorry I was wrong about Lembo. I knew before most that we were headed to Muncie for the interview. From what I heard, we wanted Lembo and he wanted to come to Wake Forest. For whatever reason (which will probably be as mysterious as Dino's firing) we couldn't get to a final deal.

I like Clawson, let's Go Deacs

Grobe left the cupboard pretty empty. How long does Clawson get to turn the ship around before you vicious motherfuckers start flying banners over his house?

Back