• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Even Ph is impressed. That's all that anyone who didn't catch the press conference needs to know

I'm critical when there's something to be critical of.

The part where he squashed any notion of us being #4 out of ACC schools in nc was great. Also he clearly sees other schools as mentioned like Vandy northwestern etc that we can def be that. Awesome pc

My favorite was when the reporter asked him about recruiting with 3 other NC schools in the state and he emphasized that in his mind that Wake would be the first choice in this state for recruits.

The tone starts from the top.

I don't think I could be more impressed on day 1 than this. Obviously he's not the best coach of all time and there will be growing pains but this guy hit it out of the park. I have fully bought it to what he is selling, hope the players and future recruits do as well.

Says he wants to get his OC and DC down here asap to start recruiting, and hints at ST coordinator possibly being considered for the BG head coaching job but that he would be brought down also if possible. Yes!

Lol first question is about poaching players from Bowling Green.

The part where he squashed any notion of us being #4 out of ACC schools in nc was great. Also he clearly sees other schools as mentioned like Vandy northwestern etc that we can def be that. Awesome pc

Best part is he left out Duke in the academic football schools list.

Says he wants to get his OC and DC down here asap to start recruiting, and hints at ST coordinator possibly being considered for the BG head coaching job but that he would be brought down also if possible. Yes!

I caught that too - OC and DC sounded like a done deal.

Interesting that he says his system hasn't changed.

I don't think I could be more impressed on day 1 than this. Obviously he's not the best coach of all time and there will be growing pains but this guy hit it out of the park. I have fully bought it to what he is selling, hope the players and future recruits do as well.
???

Interesting that he says his system hasn't changed.

I think it's because he runs so many different types of plays (that one highlight video is a good example of that), but the terminology and stuff stays the same around them all?

Back