• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Castevens delivering garbage in the tower and on the field

Old Deac

Reaction score
Watched one of the worse offensive showings I've seen in years while gagging on some of the worst food I've ever eaten. Used to enjoy going to the tower for some great food and entertaining football. I think going to the soup kitchen and and watching cats fight would make for a better Saturday afternoon.

You are correct Old Deac the food today in The Tower was terrible and I had to throw it away. Several in our suite took one bite and tossed it.

Doesn't matter. Got paid.

wake-ask-the-ad.jpg

It's terrible food and terrible service. The kitchen and service area staff on the club level were in total chaos. Someone took a heavy bribe to approve the contract with these clowns.

But they kicked out a husband/wife, locally owned business which had shown nothing but 100% loyalty to Wake Forest and ran Deacon Tower restaurant with very good food and choices.

Funny. Wake often howls that it's not supported by the local community. Pretty damn funny how that's a two-way street.

But they kicked out a husband/wife, locally owned business which had shown nothing but 100% loyalty to Wake Forest and ran Deacon Tower restaurant with very good food and choices.

Funny. Wake often howls that it's not supported by the local community. Pretty damn funny how that's a two-way street.

That's disgusting.

Those hypocrites don't deserve our support.

Good grief - is there one single thing that Wellman has been involved with in the last 3-4 years that hasn't turned to complete shit? It's like he is the King Midas of athletic administration, but instead of gold, everything he touches turns to shit.

Good grief - is there one single thing that Wellman has been involved with in the last 3-4 years that hasn't turned to complete shit? It's like he is the King Midas of athletic administration, but instead of gold, everything he touches turns to shit.

Well, keep in mind that Wellman totes the water for Don Flow (chairman of the board) and did bring Don's precious tennis tournament to Winston by essentially dismantling an entire parking lot. So, Ron has done quite well as a puppet and that's PRECISELY why Ron still has a job.

So, from the perspective of the people with the BIG bucks, Ron is doing just fine.

Well, keep in mind that Wellman totes the water for Don Flow (chairman of the board) and did bring Don's precious tennis tournament to Winston by essentially dismantling an entire parking lot. So, Ron has done quite well as a puppet and that's PRECISELY why Ron still has a job.

So, from the perspective of the people with the BIG bucks, Ron is doing just fine.

Ron will just make sure that the president's suite and Flow's suite get different (edible) food, while everyone else continues to gag.

Wake Forest Partners with Ovations as Athletic Caterer/Concessionaire
Ovations will begin operations at Wake Forest this summer and will assume responsibilities for all catering and concessions services within the next six months. Part of the transition will include evaluating all of the food offerings and customer service options in order to provide the best fan experience available.
Ovations plans to introduce its Everything's FreshTM program to all of the concessions stands at each venue. This includes an investment in new equipment such as roller grills, char-broilers and topping tables so that fans can watch as their meals and snacks are prepared. Ovations will not serve food that is pre-wrapped or pre-cooked at any of the stands.

A new menu full of unique cultural and local food options will be available to all suite-holders and concessions stands. Ovations also plans to introduce new concepts in catering for large groups utilizing the banquet rooms in Bridger Field House and the Joel Coliseum.

While a national company, Ovations will be looking to make an impact locally by selecting fresh food choices from local farms, producers and small businesses. Ovations will also be looking to hire locally to help ensure a smooth transition between food providers.
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/060413aaa.html

Don't forget -- Ovations has the concessions contract at the Joel now, too.

I have had ovations before and it was good. I had it at a minor league baseball stadium and their food options were definitely better than I was used to.

Is this change to Ovations the reason Deacon Tower restaurant closed?

Remember the Nebraska game disaster? The genius Wellman had them give away bottled water to the next game when it was 75 degrees.
Maybe everyone will get a free order of nachos next game and an apology with a promise to do better next time.

Last edited:
The tennis thing has been good for Wake and WS.

Don't forget -- Ovations has the concessions contract at the Joel now, too.

Won't matter. Only Braces and a few others will be there to eat it with Wellman. They will sing its praises, while the rest will never know.

Sounds like the change in food service providers has been an unmitigated disaster.

Back