• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Says He Gets Away From This Mess

So he enjoys spending time with his family.

Well, at least somebody likes him.

How can he actually say this crap? -- "I don’t think we could have a better group of coaches throughout this department. I’m thrilled with who we have and the direction that we are going.”

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. -- George Bernard Shaw

"The average attendance for the season ranks 18th among the 24 seasons Wake has played home games at Joel Coliseum. It also ranked fourth among the 12 ACC teams."

Good to see a reporter actually check up on the BS.

Facts and empirical data have no place in this decision! How can you expect such things to be considered? "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

i wish he would permanently get away from it. you sound like you enjoy being with your family so much more being at work, and we all know you've mailed it in when it comes to your job anyways so just do us a favor and retire so we can all get away from this

How can he actually say this crap? -- "I don’t think we could have a better group of coaches throughout this department. I’m thrilled with who we have and the direction that we are going.”

These are the quotes that blow the "Wellman is just being a good AD by being supportive of Buzz, even if they are on a short leash" argument out of the water. That sort of line is WAY past anything that could just be considered supportive.

"they’re supportive of the type of people that Jeff is bringing into the program, they’re supportive of the way the players are improving"

I am for the most part. That doesn't equate to keeping the current coach though. If someone can get more from these guys while maintaining the "culture" desired you need to make a move. Those comments are something I'd expect from the UNC football program right now.

The worst part is that our attendance figures for this year were 18th out of 24 seasons, and we basically gave tickets away all year. It was like they knew they needed a talking point and improved attendance was going to be one of them. So they set out on a campaign to give away tickets all year to inflate the numbers.

Wellman has to the only man in America who thinks Buzz is a "very good coach"! Sadly, for now, only his opinion counts.....

Sucks for Wake Forest....:rulz:

The team will win a few more games next year, and possibly approach mediocrity. Then RW will ride into the sunset proclaiming that the hoops program is relevant again.

The worst part is that our attendance figures for this year were 18th out of 24 seasons, and we basically gave tickets away all year. It was like they knew they needed a talking point and improved attendance was going to be one of them. So they set out on a campaign to give away tickets all year to inflate the numbers.

Yup. This culture is just so dishonest.

I wonder what part of Bzz's back Wellman has. I'm guessing it's below the waist.

They absolutely had to be including all of the empty student seats in the total attendance.

I'm glad Ronald finds comfort in his family, but can you imagine how awkward this must be for his 3 sons-in-law? THEY are the real losers in all this. Easter Sunday dinner, they're all sitting around Ronald's table, and he's going on and on about how attendance was up and good ol' Jeff is turning this around. Meanwhile, the 3 of them are silently looking at each other, biting their tongues, and occasionally shaking their heads in quiet disapproval when Ronald goes in for another deviled egg. WE FEEL YOUR PAIN, GUYS.

I haven’t counted noses or anything like that, but I think a number of fans are supportive of the direction that we are going

Newspaper editor: ...And to protect Mother Earth, each copy contains a certain percentage of recycled paper.
Lisa: And what percent is that?
Newspaper editor: Zero.
(Lisa frowns)
Newspaper editor: Zero’s a percent.

Back