• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Gaudio's record in the 2nd half of the ACC season was actually one game better than his record in the 1st half of the ACC season cumulatively.

Don't confuse us with the facts! Gaudio had to be fired so that we could go after that sexy Brad Stevens. Therefore, Gaudio was a bad coach.

Both coaches were terrible hires but I understand the Gaudio hire. There is a reason why Dino has not landed a coaching job in 2 years.

That's the pesky little fact Dino lovers like to ignore.

It's unbelievable that there's a coach sitting in an ESPNU studio that can bring your team to a number 1 ranking, yet every AD chooses to ignore him. Hmmm.... I wonder why?

Bottom line is Dino should have been hired as an interim coach after Skip's passing. A normal hiring process should have occurred that off season with a full schedule of interviews. At that point, it would have been a smooth transition to a new coach to take over the program.

this ends one of two ways: wellman joins bzzOUT or hatch joins wellOUT.

I have no idea how hard Gaudio is looking for a job or how selective he is being. I figure he can commute to Charlotte for the ESPNU gig and probably be home with his family alot.

Maybe ADs are ignoring him. When I type in Dino Gaudio in google one of the first autofills is affair. Maybe that is hurting him.

Is RW the only AD in the nation that has been in the position the longest?

Not sure. We fans are in the same position of grabbing our ankles for quite some time now......

I have no idea how hard Gaudio is looking for a job or how selective he is being. I figure he can commute to Charlotte for the ESPNU gig and probably be home with his family alot.

Maybe ADs are ignoring him. When I type in Dino Gaudio in google one of the first autofills is affair. Maybe that is hurting him.

That makes more sense. If thats true and Gaudio had personal issues that were interfering with the ability to do his job, then he deserved to be fired.

However, if that was the case, we shouldn't have suddenly claimed that his coaching ability was the reason. And it embarassed me as a Wake fan that all this happened at the same time we allegedly pursued media darling Brad Stevens and then Stevens didn't even give us the time of day.

To me it's not whether or not Gaudio should've been fired, but the question is was [Redacted] an upgrade over Gaudio. So far the answer is probably no. Just because a coach might should be fired is only half the equation, to me the other half is can you bring somebody in that's an upgrade as well. I'm sure Wellman feels Bzzz is an upgrade, but the coaching stats certainly didn't support him being an upgrade.

If a competent coach had Dino's talent, he would have made at least one Sweet 16 and maybe gone further in one of the seasons.

how many teams have FOUR guys who play in the NBA?

Dino was an awful coach.

If a competent coach had Dino's talent, he would have made at least one Sweet 16 and maybe gone further in one of the seasons.

Dino was an awful coach.

+1

Dino was an awful coach.

Open your mouth wide, Karl. I've got something you can chew on for a while...

Dino was an awful coach.

RJ, this sounds like my words!.. you must be a genius!!
+100

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Here are two things a competent HS coach would have been able to do that Dino didn't:

1. No team should have been able to zone us. A decent coach would have understood that a simple brush pick to get Ish into the lane would have collapsed all zones and created oops out the ass.

The second way to keep teams from zoning you is to throw a pass to the FT line and work off a guy who can either pass, shoot or drive from there. We had the perfect guy for this in James Johnson. He was deadly on that shot. He so strong that he could get to the hoop over and through anyone and he was a good passer.

That we weren't unzonable shows total incompetence.

2. Farouq's dribbling - a decent coach would have fixed his dribbling the ball at full arm's length in one practice or at the very least by his second college game.

Hell it only took a Clippers' coach one practice before a summer league game to fix it.

Those are two of a multitude of examples of how bad a coach Dino is.

Yet Bzzzzz kept Dino's entire staff of incompetents.

Jeff Battle is a very good assistant. Had he left our recruiting class could have been in real trouble.

I disagreed with Wellman demanding that the next coach keep the entire staff. That scared other people away.

Anyone who believes [Redacted] was Wellman's first or only choice are being naive.

Jeff Battle is a very good assistant. Had he left our recruiting class could have been in real trouble.I disagreed with Wellman demanding that the next coach keep the entire staff. That scared other people away.

Anyone who believes [Redacted] was Wellman's first or only choice are being naive.

:rofl:

Back