• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wells Fargo Sucks

kellykirkland

Reaction score
How bad is Wells Fargo, horrible customer service and the shittiest tellers!!!

They run your parents' deposit twice, and then correct the account after you already spent the unexpected bonus?

Obama-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

Here is my Wells Fargo story (been with Wachovia / Wells Fargo for 20 years):
I wanted to buy some foreign currency for an upcoming golf trip to Scotland (#humblebrag). I go on-line, logon, go the 'buy currency' page, enter the amount. It prompts me for mailing address (has to be same as account address for security). It keeps giving me an error that the addresses don't match (website fail). Total failed transaction time: maybe 2 minutes.
Next day I go to a teller (at the branch in the Wells Fargo penis building in Winston) to complete the transaction. Total transaction time: at least 20 minutes. The incompetance was outstanding.

How much do they suck? It ain't just the banking part, but the brokerage part sucks too.

I logged in to my online account one day back in January of this year and noticed that some how the amount in all the combined accounts had shot WAY up. Then I noticed another brokerage account appearing alongside my accounts. I clicked it and saw a bunch of stocks with the status "intra-day" which means that they were in the process of settling, but hadn't finished yet. How much money are we talking about, that was now showing up in my accounts? $85,000. Yup.

Wells Fargo's computers transfered $85,000 of someone else's money into my account. I emailed them to alert them of this glitch and they intervened before it had settled. My broker referred to the incident as "a shit show."

Do you

1) contact the bank and let them know the error
2) withdraw it immediately
3) let it sit for a few months then withdraw

I choose door #3.

I have very little money with WF any more. My current issue with them is the limit on checks that can be deposited using the mobile app; it's not enough for me to cash my tenant's rent check.

How bad is Wells Fargo, horrible customer service and the shittiest tellers!!!

+1
During a recent and extremely frustrating phone conversation with one of their employees, I told her "It's no wonder why you're the most-hated bank in the area." She didn't know how to respond.

Back