• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Western Carolina won last night by 102 points

The guy on the bottom right was their best player but he had to go compete in the Challenge: Exes

Back in my single days, I was set up on a blind date with a girl from Toccoa Falls College.

Toccoa Falls is a beautiful place, although the entire town was flooded and several residents lost their lives in a tragic dam break in the 1970s. Theres an interesting book about it. At the end of campus, theres a walkway leading to the beautiful falls, which are definitely worth seeing if you're ever in the area. The rest of campus is equally beautiful. Theres also an exclusive private high school there which draws a number of international students, and the local public high school there is known for producing large athletic football linemen and for awhile they were a pipeline school for NC State.

Anyway, a buddy of mine was dating a very beautiful young lady from Toccoa Falls College. He and his GF decided to set me up with her best friend because they though we would be a good match. In hindsight, the only thing we had in common was that we were both raised in the Raleigh metro area. For our date, we attended the college's annual choral concert (which both ladies participated in as singers), which is apparently the campus' biggest event every year. It was a nice event. Then afterward, the four of us drove to nearby Toccoa for dinner. My date was a very average girl and not remarkable in any way except that she had extremely pale skin and calves that were disproportionately large for the rest of her body (she was wearing a fashionable dress which showed her calves and feet) -- I secretly hoped that her calves might not have been that large but they seemed to be because of her shockingly pale skin or maybe she was retaining water at that time of the month. My buddy thought I would go for her because she had red hair, but I only love redheads who are petite and who either tan well or have lots of freckles. My buddy did not know that. When we get to Applebees (or whatever casual dining chain it was), I ordered a beer, and my date just clammed up and gave me the silent treatment. I continued to try to get her to talk, and she finally said "that is against my moral values", referring to the beer. I knew that Toccoa Falls was a Christian school, but I assumed it was more "Wake Forest Christian" rather than "Campbell College Christian". I was tempted to debate her on the issue of whether alcohol consumption was really a sin or not, but I just decided to drink my beer in one gulp and order another. And another. And so forth. I finally got her to open up a little and it turns out that we had attended the same ultra-strict Christian summer camp (New Life Camp), although I only attended once with my friend Todd with his ultra-strict church (which you might recall from the "Jesus Christ and Mightly God Watson!" story) and I didn't recall that particular camp fondly although it was apparently the highlight of my date's entire life and she had returned there every year until she was 20 y/o or so.

Anyway, fast forward a couple of years to my engagement to my current wife. A young lady in my church had befriended my blind date from that night through Campus Crusade for Christ or some other organization where college graduates remain on campus after graduation in a missionary capacity. And the church to which my fiancee and I belonged had a cookout at the local lake. And the two girls attended the cookout during a weekend in town (the friendship between these 2 girls was a big irony because the girls were working with Campus Crusade at a college in the NC mountains which was a several hour drive away). At the cookout, my former blind date came up and cheerily said "do you remember me?" and I thought for a minute and did not remember her. She said "I'm Katy's friend, from Toccoa Falls College, remember?", and I nodded. I looked down and her calves and ankles were as big as I remembered, although river sandals are never flattering for a woman's legs. Later I approached her in the food line and apologized for not recognizing her immediately and told her that I hoped she was doing well because I'm a nice guy like that.

clapping.gif

I thought for sure the date was going to end with anal sex... you had me on the edge of my seat.

Carl Tacy would have never lost to Western. Just sayin'.

I was tempted to debate her on the issue of whether alcohol consumption was really a sin or not, but I just decided to drink my beer in one gulp and order another. And another. And so forth.

Watch out! We've got a bad ass over here!

I thought Boogity had accidentally outed himself as Harv, but I kept reading and there was no punchline.

Back