• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF -10.5 @ Tulane August 30 -- 8 pm

Yeah. I was there. Tailgating with Bill George, 81Deac, and a few others.

I was there. Believe there was a weird illegal touching call on a tipped pass back into ECU's own endzone. ECU OL purposely swatted the ball down, and it resulted in a safety. Remember the rednecks absolutely freaking out and not understanding what happened.

I was there. Believe there was a weird illegal touching call on a tipped pass back into ECU's own endzone. ECU OL purposely swatted the ball down, and it resulted in a safety. Remember the rednecks absolutely freaking out and not understanding what happened.

Awesome win - came out fast, and ECU had no idea how to deal with the misdirection. To beat David Garrard was a pretty impressive accomplishment. I think Jax Landfried caught a bomb to put the game on ice.

Weren't we favored big on the road against ECU in Grobe's first game? Or was it the other way around? I remember a lot of discussion on the old boards about the line.

I was at the '97 Wake/Rutgers game and have tried to block it out of my memory. Probably the fifteen other people who were there that day have as well.

I was there. It was kind of rainy but not really cold.

I was pretty young for the 97 game. Just remember we were up like 20-0 at halftime and it was hot as hell.

ECU was talking about going undefeated and playing a big bowl game before that game. We ruined their season right off the bat

Total wins out of WF's 12 regular season games.

i-am-aware.jpg

Easier than easy money

I'll be in New Orleans the first week of august, I would talk some shit to Tulane fans while I'm down there but I've never actually met one...

Yez.

State had defending champs OSU in the Horseshoe the next week and they thought we'd just be an easy warmup for that one. And they did almost turn around and beat them.

Meanwhile Lobo introduced himself to us all that same week against Purwho and derailed our season

Yez.

State had defending champs OSU in the Horseshoe the next week and they thought we'd just be an easy warmup for that one. And they did almost turn around and beat them.

Meanwhile Lobo introduced himself to us all that same week against Purwho and derailed our season

was that the game where State tried 4 consecutive QB sneaks at the goal line to try and win it while going empty? And they were turned away all 4 times? I could be thinking of a different game though.

was that the game where State tried 4 consecutive QB sneaks at the goal line to try and win it while going empty? And they were turned away all 4 times? I could be thinking of a different game though.

Yep - remember listening to it on the way back from getting Loboized against Purdue. On the first play of the Purdue game he thought it would be a good idea to call a one-receiver deep route into double coverage (resulted in INT), and also thought it wise to run our beloved delayed handoff from 5 yds deep in the shotgun on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.

Yep - remember listening to it on the way back from getting Loboized against Purdue. On the first play of the Purdue game he thought it would be a good idea to call a one-receiver deep route into double coverage (resulted in INT), and also thought it wise to run our beloved delayed handoff from 5 yds deep in the shotgun on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.

Man that game sucked some kinda hard. We were ranked 20th I think and feeling pretty good and laid a turd the week after State.

2003 team had no business not making a bowl. Easily the most disappointing season under Grobe, only one that's close IMO is 2008 but we still went 8-5 that year.

Grobe's teams never mailed it in quite like they did in the UConn game in 2003. Woof.

For me 2009 under Grobe was the most egregious. That team was stacked with talent. I believe we lost 5 games by a total of 13 points :rulz:
I still think that was his most talented squad. That season still burns deep for me.

Yeah, '09 belongs up there. The Frosh Deacs (and Dean Hood) had moved on so defensively we were lacking, but Riley was a frickin' BEAST as a senior. Leading a Grobo offense to a top 40 national finish is nothing short of a miracle.

At least the ACC was better that year. We EASILY could've won another conference title in '08, and definitely should've at least made the ACCCG. Missed opportunity

Yeah, '09 belongs up there. The Frosh Deacs (and Dean Hood) had moved on so defensively we were lacking, but Riley was a frickin' BEAST as a senior. Leading a Grobo offense to a top 40 national finish is nothing short of a miracle.

At least the ACC was better that year. We EASILY could've won another conference title in '08, and definitely should've at least made the ACCCG. Missed opportunity

Why Marshall Williams?! Why!!!

BTW all the offshore lines for the game are currently Wake by 7 1/2 or 8. Not sure where it opened 10 1/2

Back