• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF -3.5 Over Army -- Predictions?

football talent = an aptitude for maximizing one's physical attributes in the game of football

I believe all the service academies excel at maximizing their physical attributes in football better than garden variety college teams. The problem is that their physical attributes are much less to begin with.
Look at how Wake's players play the game and tell me that you see guys maximizing their physical attributes to the fullest extent. I sure don't see it.

They play with discipline, but it would be interesting to see if Army does overachieve based on the recruits they get every year. If I am not mistaken, they went 2-10 last year with a senior Trent Steelman at QB. That's not good.

If 1-11 doesn't get Grobe and Wellman fired/retired, then nothing will, and I will officially just stop GAF about Wake athletics.

That being said I gotta hope for it. Come on Cadets!

They play with discipline, but it would be interesting to see if Army does overachieve based on the recruits they get every year. If I am not mistaken, they went 2-10 last year with a senior Trent Steelman at QB. That's not good.

Nevertheless, we could not stop Army last year and would have (I believe) lost had we not knocked Steelman out of the game. Army's QB is new, obviously, and from what I've seen not as good as Steelman, but other players are back and the offense is the same. I have never seen us play well against the triple option. Even though I think Army pulls the mild upset due to our total disarray as a team, I'd give us a 35-40% chance to win.

We're also a lot worse than we were at that point last season. That was a couple weeks after we looked pretty good in beating UNC

Last edited:
We are going to have to score 24+ to win IMO. Does anyone other than Mundy see that happening?

As bad as the offense has looked, I'm more worried about the defense never getting off the field with Army getting 3-4 yards a clip and going for it on 4th and short. I still expect us to win and cover. I'll go 31-21.

Army is going to win this one.

Looks like they have their own Lobo.

In a way, all of us has an Lobo to face. For some, shyness might be their Lobo. For others, a lack of education might be their Lobo. For us, Lobo is our horrible offensive coordinator.

I have not seen a worse FBS team than Wake. Winning now but Army wins easily.

Army's offense didn't play as well as they apparently did against Stanford, and clearly not as well as they did against us last year. Nikita, who didn't play in last year's game, was the difference. He destroyed their entire offensive scheme.

Army's offense didn't play as well as they apparently did against Stanford, and clearly not as well as they did against us last year. Nikita, who didn't play in last year's game, was the difference. He destroyed their entire offensive scheme.

I agree with all of this and none of it has anything to do with the discussion we were having about talent. Wake clearly has more than Army. It was obvious.

Back