• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Alumni Group- LinkedIn

RattlerDeac

Reaction score
Saw this posted by Gary Clark:

"I am a recent Wake Grad living in south Florida. Are there any alums in the Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando area with any knowledge of job openings."

I thought our basketball guys would have jobs lined up- especially a guy like Gary who was purportedly a good student. I think I read that he was also considering Grad school. Anyone know what happened?

Sarasota, Tampa, and Orlando aren't South Florida.

Accused rapists have a tougher time on the market than your typical math majors. Plus it's a tough market out there anyway.

Yea, Maggie Hurt basically torched Gary's immediate future in order to get on the Today Show. It sucks.

Gary was definitely a good student though. I'm pretty sure he carried a higher GPA than I did.

Sarasota, Tampa, and Orlando aren't South Florida.

Accused rapists have a tougher time on the market than your typical math majors. Plus it's a tough market out there anyway.

I hear you, but why is USF called USF, then?

I'm a skeptic that there are a lot of hiring managers out there that see his resume come across their desk and say "Gary Clark? Wasn't there a segment about him on the Today show revealing his bad deeds"?

I feel bad for him not just as a Demon Deacon but as a fellow math geek. I was fortunate to come out of college "once upon a time" when a math major and their associated skills could pick and choose from among the options available. That day is not today...

I'm a skeptic that there are a lot of hiring managers out there that see his resume come across their desk and say "Gary Clark? Wasn't there a segment about him on the Today show revealing his bad deeds"?

I feel bad for him not just as a Demon Deacon but as a fellow math geek. I was fortunate to come out of college "once upon a time" when a math major and their associated skills could pick and choose from among the options available. That day is not today...

Most places run background checks and such homes.

Back