• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Away Games

I'll be at the BC game. C-Ville is always a nice away trip. I'm looking forward to our turn trip to Blacksburg whenever that is. That game was brutal, but it's a beautiful place to be in the fall.

Sounds like there are a lot of people going to the Army game. Maybe a tailgate could be called for?

Kinda tricky there, there a bunch of different parking lots and your tailgating is limited to there. If people haven't already looked into parking yet you might want to

Sounds like there are a lot of people going to the Army game. Maybe a tailgate could be called for?

We are in. We have three there. Are the parents headed up there? We have to have somebody to foot the bill... lol.

We are in. We have three there. Are the parents headed up there? We have to have somebody to foot the bill... lol.

I don't think they are. They're doing Boston though. I can still see if they mind paying :beer:

Have been to every ACC stadium except Cuse and VT. GT, UVa, and UNC, in that order, are my favorite away stadiums, though Kenan was a lot nicer years ago before they removed every mature tree within a thousand feet.

Army and BC are great schools and nice places to visit but they are not exciting football destinations. Same is true of Navy. Never understand why people get fired up for those road trips.

I'll be at the BC game. C-Ville is always a nice away trip. I'm looking forward to our turn trip to Blacksburg whenever that is. That game was brutal, but it's a beautiful place to be in the fall.

Blacksburg is a fantastic venue for a game unless you get a really cold and windy day in November. Great crowds. Unfortunately, VT's recruiting has fallen off and they're sucking almost as bad as UVA right now.

Trying to figure out whether to get tickets via army or via wake. Where are the wake seats? Anybody know?

Going to the BC game, for sure. Not sure about any of the others. Could probably be talked into the Clemson game, and perhaps Vandy over Thanksgiving weekend.

I agree that Syracuse/Carrier Dome would probably be a miserable trip (especially in November)... and I'm originally from upstate NY. We played our NY State High School Championship football game there in 1996... and got blown out. Cavernous venue for a high school football game.

Trying to figure out whether to get tickets via army or via wake. Where are the wake seats? Anybody know?

michie-3D-2012-seatingcharts.gif

In '99 we sat in sec 27. Jaybone, if your going to the Army side, get the upper deck sec U14. The sun crosses the bottom of the stadium from sec 32 to sec 8, you'll get some cover from the press box.

In '99 we sat in sec 27. Jaybone, if your going to the Army side, get the upper deck sec U14. The sun crosses the bottom of the stadium from sec 32 to sec 8, you'll get some cover from the press box.

Thanks!

Fingers crossed for anything but 12:00 kick.

Blacksburg is a fantastic venue for a game unless you get a really cold and windy day in November. Great crowds. Unfortunately, VT's recruiting has fallen off and they're sucking almost as bad as UVA right now.

I was shocked by how friendly everyone was. I had always heard their fans are can be pretty unpleasant to visiting fans. As I walked in, a guy stopped me and said "Welcome to Lane stadium, good luck in the game today."

Having such a weak team that year may have enhanced their hospitality

Back