• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

DeacDude

Reaction score
The snow has been scraped/burned off and they're playing home opener against Towson. WF up 3-0 going to bottom or 3rd.

Awesome..I was wondering if it was still on.
thanks for the update

Looking like the game is still going on gametracker. top 8th.

4 all in Towson still threatening.

Wake had 2nd and 3rd in the 4th with no outs and didn't score and a runner in 3rd in the 6th with one out and didn't score.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that mediocre is our ceiling in baseball as long as the administration doesn't support the program. Seems strange after we spent all that money on our digs.

Lose 5-4 to powerful Towson. Behind 1 in the bottom of the 9th, 3 k's.

What a shame. Some of my best days at Wake were wandering over to Hooks in the afternoon after classes going to games. We were very good then too, which didn't hurt the experience.

Other than the connivence of walking to the games, Hooks was a dump. I've literally seen better baseball facilities at 2A high schools in the mountains than that place.

Who cares? Hooks was a cool place to catch a game. It at least looked half full instead of bare bones empty.

Well is this another season of 0 clutch hitting and 0 late inning pitching.
lets hope not.
gettem tomorrow Deacs

Who cares? Hooks was a cool place to catch a game. It at least looked half full instead of bare bones empty.

We could put twenty folding chairs next to Davis field, play our games there and that would look full as well.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that mediocre is our ceiling in baseball as long as the administration doesn't support the program. Seems strange after we spent all that money on our digs.

Gotta give some academic money along with the 11.7 schollies if we are ever going to compete in this conference. Having $62,500 for a full ride and giving out as low as .25 to .33 money to kids is hard to make up when you have to have at leat 30 ball players on a roster and only 11.7 schollies to divvy up. Parents of these kids are not going to do it at Wake, Duke & BC and it shows in how we finish in the standings.

Back