• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

I take this to mean Neath is convinced the program is going in the right direction and he’ll have the players around him to succeed. Otherwise I’m sure he’d be gone to greener pastures. This is a really good sign.
Or he just doesn't want to sit out a year. Either way, glad to have him back.

Sitting out a year wouldn't be a huge deal for him because he'd still get three years elsewhere. It's a vote of confidence in Forbes and the program.

Wut? That has to be a rope a dope by Hodges.

Listing Wake at this point wouldn't look good.

If it doesn’t look good now, when will it? Listing Wake as an option now won’t change anything. At some point, if it’s going to happen, it will come out and there will be backlash then.

He could just sign after Memorial Day and not have it discussed between now and the vote on May 20.

I don’t buy it that he’s not mentioning us for any reason other than him not wanting to transfer to Wake.

I don’t know. With Neath back I’m pretty excited to see what these guys can accomplish with new leadership. I have high hopes for some strong development for this sophomore class and that these guys can be a strong team by Mucius’ senior year. Coach Forbes and team will be able to get these players to reach their potential. I’ve got faith in Forbes.

Do we know that Massoud is officially back?

Both Conor and Les seem to believe so, and Forbes said it himself. I guess we’re just waiting on Massoud to announce on Twitter himself? But yeah, seems pretty certain he’s coming back. Also, in the Instagram Live, Jahcobi said Ish would come back.

Both Conor and Les seem to believe so, and Forbes said it himself. I guess we’re just waiting on Massoud to announce on Twitter himself? But yeah, seems pretty certain he’s coming back. Also, in the Instagram Live, Jahcobi said Ish would come back.

Massoud situation is apparently a strange one, now.

Forbes told Les on his Zoom-cast on Monday that he and Ody were coming back. I wrote off of that. Ody, as I'm sure yall saw, posted something the next day about coming back.

Nothing from Massoud, and he's still in the portal. And he's apparently confused why it was said he's coming back.

I'm told by multiple sources they're optimistic he ultimately stays at Wake; but that's not official yet.

Maybe Forbes misspoke and meant Mucius, maybe he jumped the gun based on Massoud, maybe he misunderstood Massoud, I have no idea. All of that is pure speculation.

Massoud situation is apparently a strange one, now.

Forbes told Les on his Zoom-cast on Monday that he and Ody were coming back. I wrote off of that. Ody, as I'm sure yall saw, posted something the next day about coming back.

Nothing from Massoud, and he's still in the portal. And he's apparently confused why it was said he's coming back.

I'm told by multiple sources they're optimistic he ultimately stays at Wake; but that's not official yet.

Maybe Forbes misspoke and meant Mucius, maybe he jumped the gun based on Massoud, maybe he misunderstood Massoud, I have no idea. All of that is pure speculation.

For what it's worth I took the liberty of hopping in Mucius' IG live last night(where he also said he's closing in on being 215 now and I got excited) and specifically asked about Neath and Massoud at different points. He was very clear on Neath being back but when asked about Massoud "imma let Ish speak on that one. I hope he's back I need a shooter and me and him could do work in this offense, but imma let him speak on that one."

Weird that Massoud would be the one to have reservations - his game stands to benefit more than anyone else as we likely transition away from a PnR focus to spacing and cutting. Being the backfill rotation guy behind Neath will be a hell of a lot easier as a shooter than trying to turn him into a pick and pop guy.

It sucks to lose a year of Sarr and Brown, but keeping the Mucius/Neath/Massoud/Ody group was more important. Really not a bad core to build with for 2-3 years.

Calipari is still a slimeball. Good luck Olivier!

Forbes, while certainly needing to dial back the pickup driving Tennessee stuff just a little, is likely NOT a slimeball.

That’s why I no longer think he is after Hodges or Jalen Johnson. Just letting them do their thing...let Shay succeed...

Why the hell does he need to dial that back? Get the fuck back to the country club. He does not “certainly” need to tone anything down.

Back