• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Started at Mt. St. Mary's, transferred to UNLV and sat out a year. This dude likes moving, I guess.

My initial take is that he’s a poor man’s Austin Arians. I’ll take it.

RJ - Look beyond the UNLV stats. He was a big time 3 point shooter in high school and prior to joining the Runnin’ Rebels.

He’ll fill a role.

Still need a big or two, though.

At least we can play 5 on 5 with scholarship players in practice now

My initial take is that he’s a poor man’s Austin Arians. I’ll take it.

RJ - Look beyond the UNLV stats. He was a big time 3 point shooter in high school and prior to joining the Runnin’ Rebels.

He’ll fill a role.

Still need a big or two, though.

Shot 41% from 3 at the JUCO level. Won’t be a starter, but will add some solid depth from the bench. I like this pickup.

90 made 3s as a redshirt frosh at Mt Saint Mary’s.

40.9% from 3 at South Plains College.

40% from 3 on a good high school team.

He can shoot well enough.

sounds like a hand injury slowed him down pretty significantly last year- his FT% went from 80 to 42%

Has he graduated? How many years of eligibility does he have?

He basically only took three pointers. Hot and cold as a shooter, but he’s definitely filling a position of need.

He shot 33.8% on threes at MSM and 31.8% at UNLV. That's mediocre shooting against questionable competition.

Great pickup, had a hand injury last year which limited him but since he entered the portal had interest from Xavier, Cincy, Maryland and Seton Hall. Also top 6 in TO rate, the guy rarely turns it over, great size as well.

Has a low release point on his shot. Not sure he can be quick enough with it to overcome that.

Me: I’m not sure about this kid.

RJKarl: Pass on Antonio.

Me:
707511c238bb62da446a2e63d8e84ddf.jpg

He shot 33.8% on threes at MSM and 31.8% at UNLV. That's mediocre shooting against questionable competition.

Stop looking at percentages and study the kid, there’s more to it.

I feel like somewhere during all the coaching search I read that some assistant coach or DBO used to be head coach of Sunrise Christian Academy in kansas and that is where Antonio played in high school.

Taking 251 3s as a freshman is striking. I don’t think getting shots up is going to be a problem. He knows his role, that’s clear.

We need warm bodies. If this guy can play 5-10 minutes a game, decent defense, and make a shot or two, great. If not, at least we can scrimmage in practice without walk-ons

Just seems that Chaundee may be the one real casualty of the Manning era (other than 6 long years of hell). Good kid who unfortunately bought into the us v them manning BS and got pissed when he realized Manning was getting canned. No desire to come back to Wake without Manning. Wish him well. I enjoyed watchign him play. Wake needs more players like him (good 4 year player).

Back