• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

We are getting our Houston Baptist redemption in Dubose... may as well get some state of Delaware payment out of this embarrassment during DFL's inaugural season https://dsuhornets.com/news/2014/11/28/209785676.aspx

"This is a tremendous win for our team and our university," said Delaware State head coach Keith Walker. "To defeat an Atlantic Coast Conference team on their home floor after losing our previous game by 50 points two nights ago (Nov. 26 vs. Iona) says a great deal about the character of our young men.

Jesus, what a painful decade.

You could fill out a whole team with grad transfers from poor teams that Manning and his predecessor managed to lose to.

Stetson still owes us for that Bzdebacle in year 1 of the lost decade

Man, that was way more of a harbinger than I ever could have imagined. At the time, I remember thinking meh, long season, new coach, things will gel.

TEN DAMNED YEARS LATER...

"This is a tremendous win for our team and our university," said Delaware State head coach Keith Walker. "To defeat an Atlantic Coast Conference team on their home floor after losing our previous game by 50 points two nights ago (Nov. 26 vs. Iona) says a great deal about the character of our young men.

Jesus, what a painful decade.

I'll post this again.

I met a professor from Delaware State a few months ago. She was shocked I knew their mascot is the Hornets. She asked how I knew. I said “from sports.” She responded, “But we’re horrible at sports.”

I didn’t explain any further.

Decent competition, but we can definitely beat that group for Mutts. I am personally a big fan of the fact that he has 2 years of eligibility remaining, because I don't see too many other obvious paths to establishing post depth by the 21-22 season.

I'm a little skeptical of the "y" in his name, but I'm not going to be super picky, here.

Hell yeah

Nice. Yep, it's official.

The “Homegrown Talent” magazine cover is awesome. I have that CP3 cover framed in my basement.

I’m assuming Wake put that together... Nice idea for local recruits.

Being that it's coming home, he might have a better chance to get a waiver, but it's not a done deal.

I hope he gets a waiver, but if not he and Neath will have two years playing together and a year of practice before that. Really happy to see him coming home!

The “Homegrown Talent” magazine cover is awesome. I have that CP3 cover framed in my basement.

I’m assuming Wake put that together... Nice idea for local recruits.
Funny you mentioned that. I like em too. However, this Doofus doesn't agree. /shrugs
6f68106e32fb8b61ee864be6c13c9b88.jpg

I hope he gets a waiver, but if not he and Neath will have two years playing together and a year of practice before that. Really happy to see him coming home!

Last year, I think about 50% of those asking for waivers got them. Conversely, those using the excuse of a coaching change didn't.

This is huge. Having someone on the squad who knows Forbes' system will be essential in getting everyone up to speed.

Back