• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Frustration with Currie and the process? Or he had expressed frustration to Currie about the previous years? Jesus, we don't need to be held hostage.

and, frankly, if he's mad at Currie and doesn't like Forbes, I'd be worried about a Tommy Elrod-type situation.

I have not spoken to him since this whole thing went down, and I don’t like speculating on what other people are thinking. However, I know that for years he and DM were not on the same page. During the summers when Chill was leading the team while DM was away, it was not unheard of for him to change the way the team did certain things. It would be reasonable to assume that he possibly was hoping that he might get a chance to lead the program. One thing is for certain, he has never been lacking confidence. I have no idea what he may have expected, but I was told that he is not happy.

What does that even mean, BabyDeac? What could he possibly be angry about?

People are often irrational about their careers and the likelihood of promotions.

I have not spoken to him since this whole thing went down, and I don’t like speculating on what other people are thinking. However, I know that for years he and DM were not on the same page. During the summers when Chill was leading the team while DM was away, it was not unheard of for him to change the way the team did certain things. It would be reasonable to assume that he possibly was hoping that he might get a chance to lead the program. One thing is for certain, he has never been lacking confidence. I have no idea what he may have expected, but I was told that he is not happy.
I can understand being upset with how DM sunk the program and not being open to others thoughts. BUT please tell me RC is not upset about not being considered for HC??? Has DM’s lunacy impacted everyone?? For all RC has done for WF as a player he was an asst coach for 2 of the worse ACC coaches ever. You don’t consider him for one nanosecond until he proves he can coach a winner. Really hope this is not the case.

I'm not worried Childress will become Elrod; that's frankly ridiculous. He is a Deacon through and through and I don't think his character should be impugned that way.

However in the same breath I will say he doesn't seem to be taking accountability for certain things. He was given a coveted job twice and could have left if it wasn't right for him. He has both given to and benefited from Wake Forest University and I hope he recognizes that.

I'm not worried Childress will become Elrod; that's frankly ridiculous. He is a Deacon through and through and I don't think his character should be impugned that way.

However in the same breath I will say he doesn't seem to be taking accountability for certain things. He was given a coveted job twice and could have left if it wasn't right for him. He has both given to and benefited from Wake Forest University and I hope he recognizes that.

Tommy Elrod was a Deacon through and through until he wasn't. Very similar situations, though obviously Childress was a higher profile player.

Tommy Elrod was a Deacon through and through until he wasn't. Very similar situations, though obviously Childress was a higher profile player.

Yeah, but Chill is a legend! Elrod was just a guy.

I don't think we have to worry about RC's loyalties.

RC.jpg

I love Chill and he is a legend, but he shouldn’t be on Forbes staff, clean house and start fresh.

I can understand being upset with how DM sunk the program and not being open to others thoughts. BUT please tell me RC is not upset about not being considered for HC??? Has DM’s lunacy impacted everyone?? For all RC has done for WF as a player he was an asst coach for 2 of the worse ACC coaches ever. You don’t consider him for one nanosecond until he proves he can coach a winner. Really hope this is not the case.

I could see him being frustrated with the process if it is true that Currie is cleaning house completely, even non-basketball staffers. He is probably close with a lot of non-coaches in the department.

Doesn't mean Currie is wrong though.

He's had 10 years to leave his mark and render his influence on the program, and this is where we are. Hopefully he gets that. As Forbes said, they will get to know one another and he will always have some sort of place with WF Basketball.

In total agreement with others in saying that if players want to leave...let them leave and move on. It's one more spot that Forbes can fill with guys that want to be here. Not saying he shouldn't try to build a relationship with them and get them back, but it's not the end of the world. Just amazing to hear about some of the damage that Manning did to our program behind the scenes and the effect it had on the team. Fuck that guy for life.

Also, really the only tough loss if he does end up leaving would be Sarr (obviously Chaundee leaving as well, but I mean post-hire announcement of Forbes). Everyone else, except for flashes from Neath and maybe Massoud were pretty meh, IMHO. The future is bright for the first time in a long time no matter how you look at it and even if it takes a few years to see us develop into a much improved team. Go Deacs!!!

Given the information in the last few posts, one has to wonder if Manning was told he had to promote Childress to Associate Head Coach.

Being the only Wake guy on An all Kansas staff probably caused others to criticize himand underestimate him.

I've been ambivalent about Chill being on the bench, but this is probably enough evidence for me to say that he shouldn't be there with Forbes. If Chill is essentially pining away until he gets his shot and actually running things counter to how the Head Coach wants it, he is effectively undermining the program.

Unless he can show that he wants to learn from Forbes and willing to play by his rules, Chill may not be a useful part of the team.

Back